Lowrance Fishfinder Interference

I am trying to figure out where the interference might be coming from on our Lowrance Elite5. I get more noise as the engine RPM's get higher. That leads me to believe the interference is coming from the outboard motor itself (Evinrude 135 hp 1973).

I do have the transducer cable running along with the other cables to the back though.

Has anyone had exeperience with that type of problem and what did you do to fix it?

isolate the fishfinder from the battery that the engine is on. If you have room to add a small deep cycle you will eliminate all noise issues. I had the same problem and Lance Valentine was in monroe a couple years back at the marina i was at he told me to disconect one of my two batterys from the engine and it should eliminate the noise. We went out that evening and problem solved. I stopped at walmart that night to add a small deep cycle and now have my marine radio which i also had a noise problem with and the fish finder on that battery alone. I even went sofar as to buy a new marine radio thinking the radio was bad. after i did that no more problems.

sometimes you can just isolate the transducer cable away from all your other wires and that will take care of it. another thing you can try that has worked for me, is to run a new wire from the battery to your depthfinder, but make sure you have a inline fuse somewhere in your line. i had to do that with the boat i have now. i had just hooked to a hot wire under the dash, and that wasnt working very good. so i ran a wire all the way from the battery. my depthfinder already had an inline fuse on the hot wire. that was the end of my problem. hope if you try it that it works for you.

sherman