I don't understand

I just talked to a friend that has a 23 foot slickcraft that is in pretty nice shape with a newer trailer and a motor that has about 30 hours on it . It's a great boat for the big lake and once was, still has the trac still on it . He tried to sell it a few year ago and no bites and wanted 1,500. Now he is going to scrap it out and just sell the trailer. I just can't see that, what a waste of a boat. :confused: For someone starting out this would have been a steal.

spoonfed He had it on craigslist had a few bites but got p.offed when some had him dewinterize it ,and then told him he really wasn't looking for that kind of boat. Nice guy.

paul from what i could see it was water ready besides adding your riggers and rod holders.

Really wish I had room for it .

Let me see if I can stop him from scraping it and if I can get photos of it. I have seen a photo he took this spring . for a 78 it looks pretty good and it has a full camper top ,the boat is blue and stored outside of Holland in a barn

yea, try to get alittle more info about the boat and condition of the motor and interrier and then some pictures. you might be surprized how quick it might sell on here. if its what you make it sound like im sure somebody would like to upgrade to a big water boat. its worth a try anyway.

sherman

Well looks like I got a big lake boat! Slick craft ss 235 with a 302 mercruiser drive. Needs a good cleaning and buff and ill be laughing at 3 footers and not heading home any more

Now you get to rerig after buying stuff for your other boat. The fun of this addiction we call fishing.

Call hitches by george www.hitchesbygeorge.com and ask them to order you the buffing compound with the xaw in it for boats. They used to sell it at the shows. It is locally made and is 35 bucks for a gallon. It is hands down the best stuff i have used to date and i tried a lot of different products. It gets rid of all the oxidation(sp?). Get an angle buffer there like 35 bucks at harbor freight. You'll want a good buffer for using the stuff. It will bring the luster back and after doing it a couple good times you'll be able to see your reflection in it again. After the first good rub out you'll use less the next year. right now a gallon lasts me about 4 - 5 years.