‎9-13 or 14... Something like that.... I could not get the bigger fish going!!

Big white paddle and Green white Blue water fly 130 down on the rigger

Big White paddle with Porctologist BW fly 100 down on the rigger

8" white pro troll with Proctologist BW fly 200 back on the mag diver

UV Clear 8" SD with a Blue water teaser Blue Dolphin 220 back on the diver (until a monster king stole it and the flasher)

Blue Kato Big Lake Lure 300 45 pound copper

Trolled W from 100-180. Could not keep the coho away. From talking to friends the bigger fish were 140-160 ... outside of 160 COHO;(

As for the flasher fly I lost... dang fish broke 50 pound mono even with a snubber.... Possibly the most Violent hit I have ever seen. Loose drag and all I never had a chance to get it out of the diver holder

Truley if you have not tried the UV SD and teaser rigs, do it!!! you will see some of the most vilolent hits ever!!!

My thanks to Dave for letting me tag along on today's ride. It was highly educational and enjoyable. He's a real gentleman and very knowlegable and patient with a noob like me.

He's such a gentleman, in fact, that he didn't mention probably half the reason we lost that big fish was he made the mistake of handing the rod to me immediately after the strike. My first Great Lakes fish, and it felt like dynamite on the end of the rod. I was pretty sure we had accidently snagged a submarine or something. Needless to say, I got a little excited and started yanking on the rod like I was opening my first Christmas present. He tried to stop me, but it was too late. Fish off. Huge embarrassment ensued.

All in all though, I thought it was a great day, even if the catch was less than Dave's standards. It really got me fired up to get back out.