The fishing is still red hot out of Holland.

Took my little brother out this morning for his first trip of the year. Got a late start waiting for a slow crew member. Started setting lines in 90 FOW at around 7:30. Started ran a 6 line spread all day but it might as well have been 4. We were running a 300' #45 copper on one side of the boat and 300' #32 copper on the other side. Also, a wire diver on each side and two riggers. Started hitting fish around 130 FOW and got all the way out to 240 FOW before we had a chance to rest. Ended up 13 for 17, could have got the last two but is started raining pretty hard around 10:30 so decided to call it a day. we had 4 kings over 10lbs with the biggest pushing 18. 2 more medium kings, 2 small kings, 2 coho, and 1 bonus laker. I think we had 4 or 5 doubles and a triple on the day. It was lots of fun all around.

What worked:

11" White crush glow paddle with fish scale/proctoligist fly 130' on rigger - 1 laker and 2 big kings

Same paddle with glow mirage fly 97' on rigger - 3 big kings

Moonshine Double Trouble 97' on rigger- 2 small kings

Big Lake Lures Blue Kato on 300' #32 Copper - 2 coho

Blue Water Fly Green Crinkle 3 fly Teaser rig with UV SD 220 on wire diver set at 1 - 3 kings

Started with double trouble on the rigger because of the reports of people catching on Moonshines. But, when the big paddle on the rigger started caching big kings and the spoons were only taking small fish we changed over the other rigger to another paddle.

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

Nice job Ben, and thanks for the info. Unfortunately we didn't get out since we had some motor problems. I posted it on general discussions if you're interested.

Any time Mike, sorry to hear your trip didn't go as well. Hopefully you can get it figured out.