lake erie storm

hey everybody

just wanted to get some of your opinions. im in tenn right now and watched the weather up around erie. from what it looked like there was a pretty good storm came through. whats your opinion on what it did to the spawn on the reefs?? do you think the spawn is far enough along that it didnt hurt anything??

im 62 come may and not in good health. so i,ve been really hoping for another spawn like we had in 03 or maby even better. i think im not going to be fishing many more yrs. i would love to go out with another great spawn to fish the last few yrs i get to fish. so this is very important to me.

i know we wont know for sure untill they do there trawls later this year. so all i want is your opinions. alot of you have much more knowledge about how the weather effects the spawn.

sherman

hey everybody

just wanted to get some of your opinions. im in tenn right now and watched the weather up around erie. from what it looked like there was a pretty good storm came through. whats your opinion on what it did to the spawn on the reefs?? do you think the spawn is far enough along that it didnt hurt anything??

im 62 come may and not in good health. so i,ve been really hoping for another spawn like we had in 03 or maby even better. i think im not going to be fishing many more yrs. i would love to go out with another great spawn to fish the last few yrs i get to fish. so this is very important to me.

i know we wont know for sure untill they do there trawls later this year. so all i want is your opinions. alot of you have much more knowledge about how the weather effects the spawn.

sherman

I'd say youre gonna have a good few years. 2007 was a good hatch and 2010 was an average hatch. Plenty of fish to play with for the next few years. Most of the eggs have already hatched from the early spawn this year so it might be good but no way we'll see a 2003 for years to come. 2011 looks like it was a bust

I'd say youre gonna have a good few years. 2007 was a good hatch and 2010 was an average hatch. Plenty of fish to play with for the next few years. Most of the eggs have already hatched from the early spawn this year so it might be good but no way we'll see a 2003 for years to come. 2011 looks like it was a bust

I spoke with an ODNR last week. He said the same thing, we have seen the same with our 400 plus fish caught this year. Lots of fish in the 22-23 inch class and also the 2010 class is expieriencing exceptional growth rates so about half or more of those are reaching the 15 inch minimum. I still can not believe that we used to keep 13 incher back in the day. That was the smartest thing that they ever did on this lake raise the size limit.

we have had great spring weather this year lots of nice size fish caught. last year was a bust cold and rough all spring dead walleye floating everywere. based on what i have seen and nothing else this should be a great spawning year were still getting them in the same spots we did before the storm have not seen one dead fish this year yet

we have had great spring weather this year lots of nice size fish caught. last year was a bust cold and rough all spring dead walleye floating everywere. based on what i have seen and nothing else this should be a great spawning year were still getting them in the same spots we did before the storm have not seen one dead fish this year yet

i was in tenn and just seen on the weather where a big storm was supposed to have came through dumping snow farther to the east. and i was just concerned about if the storm hit the reef area of lake erie. and if it was bad enough to hurt this years spawn, as we have had such a great spring compaired to last year. but it doesnt seem to have been much of a storm, with only getting a few replys. im sure if it had been bad there would have been more people giving there opinions. thanks to the guys who have took the time to comment.

sherman

last year in the spring there were lots of dead walleye floating in the lake and washing up on the beaches the lake was rough and muddy for so long combined with the stress of spawning in the shallows killed some off they tested the fish for disease finding none said they were just stressed out