blood run backer material?

Wondering if anyone uses this. I'm setting up 5 or 6 copper rigs and this stuff is 44 dollars for 2000 yards compared to 107 for 1500 yards of power pro. Blood run claims best backer for copper, just wanted to see if anyone has used this.

I have just started using it and absolutely no complaints at all. I have always used mono backing as opposed to braid. Blood Run's backing material addresses some of the issues with using mono. Mono is usually only good for a season, this is fluorocarbon coated which makes it more UV resistant than your standard mono essentially allowing your baking material to last more than just one season. This is a coploymer line which is stronger and a little stiffer than your standard mono giving you slightly more back bone to your backing while still having most of the properties of mono. You will still have a higher backing capacity with braid but I have never had an issue with that and I have ALWAYS run mono as a backer. A lot of people are willing to spend the extra on braid because it will last a few seasons, this is a much more affordable option for multi-season backing.

Great question! BR introduced the backer material as a lower cost alternative than most braids, but of higher quality than a standard mono. Standard mono is inexpensive, but is also very prone to UV breakdown which shows itself as a chalky look to the line. At that point..the mono is actually weakening and absorbing more moisture which will reduce breaking strength. Braid on the other hand has no stretch, and copper has no stretch, and fluorocarbon leader has little to no stretch. Situation then happens that unless you are using a very high end reel with a very smooth drag, you are putting a ton of stress on that braid backer setup which could lead to line or knot failure because there is no give anywhere in that setup.

The BR backer material is a mono core which provides the stretch and shock absorbance to compensate for drags on $50 reels, but also has the fluoro coating for abrasion resistance to planer releases and UV resistance hanging suspended in the air all day all season.

Hi-vis lets you see better out to your boards to catch "board crossings" in rough weather or turns which ultimately lead to nasty tangles.

I also use mono backer and recently switched to BR backer- I use and albright knot- but because this is a larger diameter material unless you have a large opening on your levelwind it will be difficult to pass- Tekotas are no problem but my Okuma convectors are tight-