Got out just a touch late but wtihin 2 minutes of setting the first couple lines took a 14lbs King on a wire diver set 115' back on smurf suv meat combo. Took another hit on the same setup back 150' but had a drag issue and left that fish for someone else to catch. Ended the day with another 15lbs king on a full core with a 2oz dive bomb and a spoon. Marked a nice bait pod when we were fighting the last fish in 130' fow 80' feet down but had no chance to fish it with the half hour fight and building seas. Went 2 for 4 in limited time with the late start and wind building.

2012-04-22115316.jpg

Nice job. It was definately a bit rough out there yesterday. How'd you like the new roadway and traffic circle leading down to the ramp area? (I am assuming you launched out of 1st st.) Looks like they are just about done with the construction.

Chris

I also fished 4/22 and we went 4 for 5 all kings. Chris, I think the traffic at launch will be a cluster when busy. They spent a bunch of money yet made zero improvement for high % of the traffic.

I agree. They didn't do much in any way to assist with the flow of the high volume of boats. But it is what it is. But, at least they patched up 1st St. That thing was a mess, and the cosmetic changes are very nice.

Chris

Where do you put your dive bombs on the core and copper set ups?

I let out five colors and attach the dive bomb on a full core then just take it off like a planer board on the way in. I figure that will leave enough line to keep that stealthy whip. I would guess that I would run it back 150' on a 300' copper for the same reason.

As for Manistee's First Street launch I have been concerned with the new setup for a couple months now and Im not looking forward to the traffic jams coming later this year. Hopefully everyone launching will realize that we are all in the same boat (no pun intended) and don't take it out on the other anglers.

the launch will be a big mess this summer not only the new traffic pattern but the docks are way short this year.with the low water they cant push them in any farther or they will drop of the edge of the concrete ramp.putting my 22 ft hewescraft on the trailer was a pain in the ass.glad we have a slip at sengs for the summer:grin:

The launch traffic pattern will be a challenge probably in Aug.. There hasn't been a lot of boats up there the last few years until then, probably due to the poor economy and gas prices. I know the project is not finished. They are suppose to put in a new fish cleaning station and restrooms. I'm not sure on there exact location. I would like to see another entrance/exit out of the parking lot and I believe they will need to paint some new parking lines. I am happy that they have fixed First Street. As for the ramps, they need to be pushed in farther. I always hear about the ledge at the end of the concrete slab, but has anyone marked one on their graph? The water sure is low but should be coming up some by June.