harbor beach

Went out on the bay twice this spring with no fish. First trip my motor was running bad and we had to come in without getting our lines wet. Second trip went out of sebewaing and headed out to the sandbar where we were getting good fish this time last year, got all the way out there and the water was clear. We went up and down the bay trying to find dirty water with no luck. Stayed in harbor beach last weekend at my girlfriends parents, ive caught fish up there before so i brought my fishing gear with me and im glad i did. Fished saturday night from 6 to 9 and picked up 3 nice walleye off the end of the breakwall, casting a 2/3 ounce little cleo in orange and silver. Their was a number of other fisherman casting fire tiger bombers and glass perch husky jerks and they also caught a couple fish. Went back sunday night at the same time and landed 2 more big walleye and lost 2 others and a 12 to 14 pound steelhead. Its hard to get those fish through all those rocks to the net. All 5 walleye i caught were males between 7 and 9 pounds, and i caught them all on a little cleo, i had no luck with the stick baits. Im headed to the saginaw river next weekend for the opener ill let everyone know how i did.