St. Joseph 4-19 Kings!

Yes, the kings are here!

Fished yesterday out of ST. Joseph, midday noon-3:30 or so. Went 11 for 15, putting 3 of the small shakers back. All were kings except 1 coho. No lakers

We fished 35-45 FOW and al of the hits came in the dark river plume or the edge of the scumline. The best was trolling that line in those depths.

Green flies and green lures were best. The dipsies were the hottest set around 70-90 feet back. A few came on riggers, but the lead and long lines didn't get hit.

Very fun day, and nice to get some hot action. Largest king was 15#.

Scott

Looking to get in on the spring action next weekend. Any tips would be helpful, coming from the east side of the state and I have not been out of St. joe in a number of years. should I head west out of the river until I reach a certain depth etc? What depth should I target, and what colors seem to work the best. Anyone using meat rigs?

Thanks for your help

East Sider

From my perspective, I'd stay close to the river mouth in the 35-40 foot range. I know they are getting them out deeper too, but they are stacked up close to the harbor right now at the edge of the dirty water.

Spoons and flies/flashers are the ticket right now. Anything with green in it.

Scott

Looking to get in on the spring action next weekend. Any tips would be helpful, coming from the east side of the state and I have not been out of St. joe in a number of years. should I head west out of the river until I reach a certain depth etc? What depth should I target, and what colors seem to work the best. Anyone using meat rigs?

Thanks for your help

Keep an eye on this site for St Joe Info, I only get to fish Sundays right now but I do give reports. Currently there are fish being taken on the outside edge and into the river plume, and a good number of fish are being taken in 180 to 220 FOW, straight out of the piers and start working the dirt early if you dont hit any fish go on out to 150 and set up from 70 to 110down and keep going west until you find fish. 2.3 to 2.7 for speed seems to work well. The colors are all over the spectrum. Good luck