Official sign up thread for WMFL event #1 May 12

The first event will be May 12. Launch out of the DNR launch in Holland.

Set lines at 6am, and pull them at Noon.

If we get a blow day, we will not fish on may 13 (mothers Day)

Small Craft advisories constitute a blow day.

Meet in the overflow parking lot afterwords by the fish cleaning station.

Silver Streak is going to sponsor this event with some lures for all.

I should also have some prizes from Blood Run, Big Weenie, and Lakeshore Tackle this year.

1. Dirty Fish Nailer

2. Ben'den Rods

3. Gnarf (Boats n 'hos)

4. NllDeep/Undertow.

5. PLumkrazy

6. Billy Joe.

7. Joel Sanders

8. Dog House

9. Scooby Snacks

Edited by Nailer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Small Craft advisories constitute a blow day. When did this change.. use to be anything more than 2 footers.... I thought...

I do not ever remember 2' or less?

We had it that way last year Dave. It was fish 3' or less, or not when conditions are not safe.

Simply put, if there are small craft warnings we should not be out there. Most of us have small boats.

I'm going to have to drop out Ken. I took the Sugar Mama for a ride today and I don't have a lot of confindence in the seal repair I did last fall. There was no water in the gear oil but the level was down considerably. And I won't have time to work on it tomorrow becaue I'm working 16 hours. If anyone has room for 2 riders I'd be glad to come along and break stuff.

I'm in. Will be in the row boat, posing all kinds of logistical headaches.

Still haven't found some one to man the weigh in for me as I need to get Goof to the parade and I don't trust Dave not to upgrade out of my cooler.....

I've only got a hand held on the 14', so I may not be able to chime in all the time.

Well, we were going to run to Saugy and work the piers there due to the dredge in Holland. Get the reports from the lighthouses and the buoy at 4am, call the crew and tell him we'll be working the piers in Holland dredge or not, as I'm not going any where in 15 mph south winds.

Call Dave, then Ken, after seeing lightning while prepping the boat, and decide not to fish. Meet my crew at the inner channel, and he's not too keen on heading out, so he goes home. Buddy calls for a wave report, and since I'm there, I figure I'll go look.

Steep 2's with an occasional 3' ugly, but fishable. Tuck back in the channel to set up and then head out for a lap. Swore I smelled someone cooking sausage. Got out front and the worst thing happened, caught a small king. So now I plan on staying. Came back into the channel to swap things out and smelled pancakes, finally noticed a guy on the dredge was manning a grill. He would not trade for salmon.

Head back out, do another big lap and notice there are more buoys on the top. Hmm. Oh, yes, the dredge tube has come to the top and I'm 50' from it. Can't get gear up in time, can't stop for risk of a wave coming over the stern, so I gun the little 15 and pull a crazy Ivan, then lap around the tube and pull them on a downwind troll. Home by 8, slept until 3.

With 3-17' open boats, and 1-14' boat in the event, lightning in the air, as well a bunch of wind, we decided to call it.

We (Don, Terry, Mike and I) did go out. The lake was a mess, and the approaching storm fell apart, but it just was not safe for smaller boats.

The next event will be June 2nd with a blow day of June 3rd.