Port Sheldon

OldCool

Launched out of PS this past Saturday and wondering if it was more shallow than normal? Is this the way it is going to be or does PS get dredged later in the year? I tried to stay south of the channel but it seems it's less than 3ft almost to the middle of Pigeon Lk. Any thoughts?

I've not been there in a few years, but if you have 3 feet you are doing pretty damn good.

There is a VERY narrow what I will call channel from the launch to the south end where the houses are. You MUST stay on thsi course or you will be using oars/nets/swimming/etc to free your boat. My best suggestion is to figure out where exactly it is and use your GPS to mark it and make sure you stay on that exact path every time.

When/if they dredge PS, they only go to the consumers area - for coal delivery.

I fished there Friday and think the water level was down a little from last year with the mild winter and lack of ice cover. The lack of ice cover results in move evaporating over the winter. A small channel comes into the dock but its very narrow. Its also very shallow off the cattails I try and stay closer to the other side with the houses.

Thanks guys. I may have to get over my fear of crowds and launch out of Holland or Grand Haven. Although I have yet to go to Grand Haven. What is that like, 'cause to find it I will have to Google it. :D

Edited by OldCool
finish sentence

Thanks guys. I may have to get over my fear of crowds and launch out of Holland or Grand Haven. Although I have yet to go to Grand Haven. What is that like, 'cause to find it I will have to Google it. :D

grand havens not terrible to launch at(unless a holiday weekend)lots of parking and ramps..it is a fairly long no wake ride in the river system to the lake though..

Grand Haven has three or four docks in. I launch there for the three past weekends and no wait. A little long no wake zone but we get our gear ready or put away then. The fish were in about 80 to 200 fow. It's been pretty good.