Intro + St. Joe Report

Hello Everyone! New to the site and lookin to start things off with a successful report.

3/31, St Joe.

730-1230, 30-60 FOW, mostly outside the pack around the river plume. Started off slow with a few small coho, then the kings started showing up mid-morning. Most everything working: spoons on riggers down 25-40, thin-fins on boards, and a few on 10-color lead. Speed 2-2.5. Had hits runnin north and south.

Ended up with 22 between 5 guys, and lots of good memories for a bunch of salmon-trolling newbies! We're officially addicted...

salmon27.jpg

Thanks for the welcome folks, I'm from the east side of the state but hope I can make more than a few trips back to your neck of the woods this season.

I started trolling for musky last year on St. Clair and landed a few decent ones, but a solid King puts a whole different kind of bend in your line :D

Once you go King Salmon fishing in Michigan it's hard to go back and catch bass or other species.

I'm not saying I don't fish for other things, but I spend a LOT of time feeding the salmon addiction.

GREAT job on the trip and welcome to the club. First step is admitting you have a problem.