Night Fishing King

It is worth noting that we fish at night alot over here- main thing we do is scrap disc divers and flashers for something 'quieter'. We run alot of long lines and torpedo divers. Often a subtle glow was more productive than a big bright nuclear glow.

I also agree with the writer in just how important line counter reels are, not only for precision of divers but for setting and resetting boards..........if you have a three board/side setup you can put them at 100/200/300 and that way if your middle board fires and you reset it, clip the board and let 200' out right behind the boat and then stop it and it will go right back where it should be.

Another thing I stole from Gilligan (My mentor) is the use of HIGH QUALITY WHITE D.O.T. REFLECTIVE TAPE on the boards......allows you to see boards with either a head lamp or if it's really dark you can see the reflection from your masthead light. I can't stress enough of the high quality part of the tape. Lights and stuff on your boards are cool but it's just another thing to maintain and be pissed about when a fish breaks it off.