Track Mounted Rod Holder Suggestion

you might want to compair prices on ebay. they have the satin finish 2 for 133.50 and free shipping or 1 for 66.99 and free shipping. i did check these out when i was buying but decided to go with the cannon ratcheting single axis. i bought them at amazon for i think 64.00 each. but i think they are around 69.00 now with free shipping. didnt know what the price is where your thinking about buying. but sometimes you can save a few bucks on ebay. and dont forget the free shipping.

sherman

• 2 weeks later...
I visited Northwoods Outlet in Pinconning last week and they had Bert's rod holders (satin and buff brite) for 54.99 and Cannon dual axis rod holders for $74.99. Best prices I've seen.

did you check out the cannon single axis?? i think they are a better holder due to the fact you turn the base to adjust them around. and can move then as little as you want to. the duel axis has a square base and has to adjust from one pin hole to the next pin hole. the single axis is my choice, you can put them down with one hand and just grab the rod and lift to raise them up. just loosen the 2 screws and you can twist then around either way or slide them left or right then just tighten them back down.

i used them for my divers last year and i wouldnt trade them for any other holder. then to take them off just remove the end cap loosen the thumb screws and slide them off the track. now i believe i might like berts tracks alittle better, because you can buy pads to go in the tracks when your holders are out, making them much better if you happen to step on the tracks. but i liked the cannon holders better so i went with them.

sherman

I checked out the bluewater holders look like a quality piece but I am not sold that they will not slip if using them with dipsys. They were 80 bux at local hunting/fishing store.

For dipsys, you release the cam lever and lower the holder all the way down, parallel to the water, its not "locked" in so to speak, as the cam lever doesnt get tightened for disys. When the fish hits, just life the rod up, the ho9lder comes uip with the rod, you don't have to fight trying to "lift" the rod out of the holder.

Jeff is the owner of Bluewater products, it's a small side business for him. He just has the "picture" site right now, as he was paying a really high fee to have it maintained. He perfers calls.

That expalins the cut out at the bottom. I don't think you will find a more stout rod holder and now that I know how they work for dipsy's they look even better. Jeff should prob call Hicks Bait and Tackle in Clio and tell them how they work for dipseys as they had the same concern as I did.

thanks