Hello everyone. Just stopping by to say hi. I live near Sault Ste. Marie, MI.......originally from this area.....lived in the Petoskey area for 12 years and fished Lake Michigan in the Charlevoix and Petoskey areas, as well as Lake Charlevoix, Burt Lake, Crooked Lake, and Mullet Lake. Now living in the Soo, I am mainly fishing the Cedarville area (Lake Huron), St. Mary's River, and eastern Lake Superior near the International Bridge. Of course, I never go fishing as often as I want to....but with this early spring I am hoping to get a jump start on it this year. Locals have said the splake fishing is good around Hessel come May 1, so I look forward to starting that......and seeing if I can hook a few Lake Trout in deeper water. Kind of starting over up here....but it will be fun seeking out new fishing spots.

Welcome aboard Dave:thumb: My days of fishing pretty much got started out of detour and used to fish the river near the power plant in the soo when the kings were heavy in there. Looking forward to any reports you may have and seeing what is swiming around those areas.

Hi David, Welcome to GLF! Always wanted to try to fish Atlantics in the Soo, hope some day I can give that a go.

Yes, I hope to fish Atlantics as well. I work for Lake Superior State University, so I am also learning about the ARL (Aquatic Fish Lab). Here's the link....there is also a fish cam you can see online.

http://www.lssu.edu/arl/