Boat Problems Please Help!!!!

First a little back ground info. I have a 2007 Baha 231 GLE with a 5.0 MPI Merc. Put the boat in friday and everything was fine. Went out fishing yesterday ( jigging for walleye) again everything fine. Started the boat probably 10-12 times. On the way in started to get an alarm. 2 loud beeps approx. once a min. Located the beeps and they where coming from the wiring up under all the gauges. Checked all the fluid levels and the gear lube was low. Filled the resevoir up and still had the alarm. Got the boat back to the dock parked it and went out to troubleshoot today and know the boat won't start. It turns over like it wants too but just won't go. Fuel Filter was replaced in May of 11', boat was stored full of fuel at end of last season. Anybody have any thoughts of what it could be?:mad:

well there are only a few things ,fuel is one . Is it getting fuel? guessing it is not carbed Is there a line that you can crack to see if it is pumping fuel? could be pump or simple clog somewhere. 2 are you getting spark? pull a plug and ground it and see if there is a spark.

If it did over heat and it was rolling over its not locked up. But the beeper I believe is a over heating beeper. I'm not sure if your system have a rev system the shuts down when over heating.

I hope this help or gives you a starting place.

You did not say if it was a GM or Ford engine but you have a ECM problem you need to pull the codes which will require a call to Merc to get the procedure. it would be better if you could get it hooked to a scanner and pull all the codes because blink codes usually come one at a time worst one first if there are more than one you have to fix the first one then run the codes again to get the second one. GM ECU's control the grounds for the injectors and the ignition coils divided into 2 banks each is controlled by a fuse however if you blow one bank you just have a 4 cyl engine. Since it cranks my first guess would be a CMP or CKP sensor since it ran in I would doubt it is fuel but there should be a fuel pressure test point on the fuel rail on the starboard side. With ign on you should have around 35 to 45 psi and when you crank it should jump up slightly.

im sure you made sure it was full of oil, the system i have if im not getting enough oil pressure the fuel pump wont pump gas. if its full of oil it could be something as simple as a bad oil sending unit. or even a fuse for the oil sending unit. causing the low oil alarm and now the fuel pump not to work. just a thought. have you tried priming the engine to get it to start, and then check your oil guage.

really sounds like you might need to take this one to the shop if something doesnt jump out at you pretty soon. i sure hate to pay there prices, but sometimes you just have to pay to get some things fixed. i wouldnt fight it to long, you,ll just worry yourself sick. this is all the advice i can give you. if its not somrthing to do with the oil pressure, i dont have any more ideas.

sherman