New Eyefull Comes Home

Eyefull

Friday was just like the saying goes, "The best two days in a boaters life is the day you bring your boat home, and the day you sell your boat". Back in November I sold the Eyefull. Yesterday I brought home the Eyefull II. After three months of looking at at least 35 potentials, I got real lucky and found this boat. It is a 1987 Trophy 248 Hardtop. The previous owner took excellent care of this boat. It is tournament rigged in all aspects. It is layed out and set up almost exactly as I would have done it. Having said that, it will recieve a little re-rig. Going to swap out the Big Jon holders and the Scotty riggers for Traxstech tracks/holders, and the new Vector riggers. Here is a photo of her taken yesterday right before we splashed her in Muskegon Lake for a very nice trip despite mother nature.

Gettingreadytolaunch.jpg

After hearing about this boat from Don Johnson, the only concern I had about the boat was the transem and stringers. When I called the previous owner, I was relieved to find out that it was actually in the shop getting a brand new transem and stringer system installed. The end result was a brand new bildge, transem and stringers. Me and my good buddy Ray arrived Friday morning right as the boat was ready to go in the water for the first time since the repairs. Everyone crossed their fingers as Bill turned the key, it started right up perfect. The whole day would go exactly like that. Everything worked great on the boat. The only problem we experienced was the trim tabs didn't work. When we got back to the marina, the mechanic took a quick look and found that the hydraulic pumps ground wire had been clipped when the engine was pulled. A quick connector was installed and problem solved. I have to give the guys at Advanced Marine a quick shout out for their great work. They did excellent work on the transem and stringers, and the only hic up was the ground wire.....that is amazing for a project of that scope. No leaks or anything!

Our fishing trip on the North Muskegon nearshore banks proved to be fruitless. The water temp had already reached 54 degrees, having the browns heading out already. The real focus of the trip was to learn as much about the boat as possible and Bill made sure I did. He was awesome at showing me everything about the boat. We even agreed on trading walleye for salmon trips this summer. Couldn't get any better for the day, took a great boat home and made another great fishing friend. Here is a photo of me at the wheel for the first time. The picture doesn't even come close to showing the excitement inside me at that time.

Firsttimeatwheel.jpg

I'll post some photos as I get the boat tweaked to my program and as things progress. Bottom paint will be redone in the next couple of weeks, plus a good wet sand/buff and polish. Thanks Bill for a great deal on a great boat, and a great day on the water.

I can attest to Tony's excitement. He was a happy man on Friday. I was a little emotionally down, seeing my mistress of the past 10 years leave. I was happy for Tony's excitement and hope someday we can fish together on his new boat. Congrats Tony, I hope you have as many good memories that I had...

Bill

Bill, it still hasn't worn off yet. I know exactly how you felt yesterday, I watched my first love drive away in November. Actually, truth told, I had to go inside the house because I couldn't watch her drive away. Thanks for a great day on the water and being the perfect salesman. Not a single question, unanswered fully (even the dumb ones:lol:). I have a photo that Ray took of me driving the boat that I chose not to post. It shows my excitement level, but too well, I'll keep that one just for me, pretty goofy. Kind of like a three year old with a giant sucker LOL!

I can attest to Tony's excitement. He was a happy man on Friday. I was a little emotionally down, seeing my mistress of the past 10 years leave. I was happy for Tony's excitement and hope someday we can fish together on his new boat. Congrats Tony, I hope you have as many good memories that I had...

Bill

Did you get a new boat Bill?

Enjoy Tony.

Ken, I won't spoil it for Bill, but he does have a very nice ride coming soon. I spent the whole afternoon getting cozy with a high speed drill, rubbing compound, and buffer. The Eyefull II shined up like a new penny! All the blue sides paint luster is back and she shines, shines, shines:D. New bottom paint maybe next week if weather holds. Having that part done professionally, no reason for me to mess it up at this point.

Ken,

I did get a new boat. Its a 2002 270 wellcraft coastal. I pick it up this thursday. Here is a picture i took last week getting new bottom paint. I will post more pics once i get the riggers and rodholders installed.

2012-03-09_11-31-27_748.jpg

Patience and some dumb luck Bob:grin:. I almost paid too much for a different local boat. The dumb luck part was that someone above was looking out for me. I couldn't get a bank to touch the other boat, priced too high. I almost borrowed the money from my 401K, then the "Don" called me about this boat being for sale. Bob, I may stop by and kick the sand with you and have a look at your trailer. I plan to trailer like you do and I may have to add a "helper" roller to the trailer to get the bow started up properly, so it clears the front rest. Water levels at ramps aren't helping.

No problem Tony. Come take a look-see at my trailer. It does the job well.

You will learn to pick your launches. Steep ramps are bad for loading and launching these big girls. I about ripped the bow pulpit off last year on a steep ramp.

The best ramp I have ever launched at is at Vets Park in Bay City. Yeah, it's a cruise to the mouth, but you will save big bucks on boat and trailer damage by launching there. At the dock, your stern is already in 7+ fow. It is awesome!

Trust me, you will not be launching at the DNR ramp at the mouth of the river anymore.