First time trolling

EdB

Fished out of St Joe today. It was foggy so we planned a late start and left the docks at 9:15. It was foggy all day but not too thick to be stressful. We started out front and trolled a hour in close 20 -30 ft of water and got 1 small steelie, he was a drop back, still colored up. Pulled lines and ran west 9 miles and set down when we got cold water. We started a steady pic out there with coho's on boards, all thin fins on one side and orange/gold double jointed raps on the other side. My buddy hit this chrome blue steelie on a hi diver out 120ft.

img_20120324_135902.jpg

We kept a west troll out to 220 ft and turned in. Then we hit this nice king on a rigger down 50 ft.

img_20120324_120925.jpg

This was the hottest spoon of the day on the 50 ft rigger, got 2 nice kings and 3 coho's and took some other hits. An orange/chrome thin fin was the best for them on cohos.

img_20120324_152821.jpg

We pulled the thin fins and put out a 1/2, 7 color and full core out with spoons, mag green dolpin on the full, bite me elmo on the 7 color and watermelon and all took kings. That was a great change up!

Ended the day with our limit of 20 fish about 3:30PM with 5 kings, 2 steelies and the rest cohos. Only had one double all day. Water temps were 54 inside, 44 outside. It seems like May water temps and fishing, sure didn't fish like a typical day this time of year when we are usually trolling the beaches. I think we could have picked up some more fish inside if we worked it but I'm glad we burned some gas today. Never hit kings like this in March before! Our best water was 180 to 195 ft pretty much straight out. Good luck!

img_20120324_163228.jpg

Sorry lurkers, making contributions to the supporting members of this site;)