bad news boys

Well I haven't been on or posted in a while I have been going through a pretty tough time. On feb 24th I was admitted into metro health in GR and was diagnosed with meningitis. While I was sick I contracted a rare disease called trasverse malitis ( sorry not sure how its spelled exactly) basically it infected my spine and started to eat at my cord. I am 75 percent paralyzed now from my chest down. While I was at metro as well I also A febed and had a sustained

Heart rate of 228 beats a min. I had that feeling of doom and thought "that was it for ole big jay" right now I am at mary free bed in downtown gr. Been here 2 weeks and am being discharged on the 23rd. Right now I am able to walk very short distances, my balance is bad and I have a ton of nerve pain in my legs. Doc says I should be able to get about 60-80 percent of my walking back but its going to take a ton of time. Please don't feel sorry for me as this has to be gods will and I will make it back out on the big lake. But I wanted to update everyone. If anyone would like to visit me the hours are anytime after 5 pm me and I will give you my room number. I hope to see you guys out there soon. Jay

Because of your comment about being God's will, remember this is God's will as well...

Psalm 34:17-18

17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;

he delivers them from all their troubles.

18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted

and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Hang in there!

Well boys my time has come. They are discharging me tomorrow and I will continue my treatment with the va. I am pretty excited as I haven't been able to sleep in my own bed for just about a month. I am excited to go home to my wife and hunting dog!. No word on when I will be able to go back to work or even if I will be able to. May need to find a desk job. Still not 100 percent more like 50. But thank you all for your prayers and kind words. I am by no means out of the woods yet and may never be, but at least I will be home with my family.