color braid

65lb is way plenty. First run some mono backer on the reel like 300 yards then top it off with the braid 150 yards, depending on line capacity. Now you can get two dipsy rods out of one 300 yard pack of braid and the mono backer keeps the braid from slipping on the spool. I use the green colored spider braid. Not really sure if there is one color better that the other. Thats how I set mine up.

i like 65 myself, just because the charter boat i went out on to learn how to use divers used 65. so thats what i bought. i dont think color makes any difference. i,ve used red and green both. as long as i use a good floro leader i could care less what color the main line is.

and you do want to use about 2 or 3 hundred ft of mono backing, ofcourse the size of your reel makes the amount of backing you use. im using sealine sg17lca,s. if your using sealine sg47lca,s then you would want more backing. then just use 150 yrds of braid. but use the same amount on each reel so your counters will match up on your reels. i am using cabelas ripcord on most of my reels, but i had to replace the line on a couple of reels, i used power pro for them.

i bought a bunch of the sealine sg17lca reels the last couple of years off ebay and put braid on them. then when i went fishing i was having all kinds of problems with the drags. i sent them in to tuna toms to have them repaired. he told me the only thing wrong was the line was slipping on the spools. so he put pins in the spools to tie the line to. and then the rest of my reels i just put 200 ft of 17 lb mono backing on them and my problems are solved. so be sure to use a mono backing. or thats my opinion anyway.

sherman

i like 65 myself, just because the charter boat i went out on to learn how to use divers used 65. so thats what i bought. i dont think color makes any difference. i,ve used red and green both. as long as i use a good floro leader i could care less what color the main line is.

and you do want to use about 2 or 3 hundred ft of mono backing, ofcourse the size of your reel makes the amount of backing you use. im using sealine sg17lca,s. if your using sealine sg47lca,s then you would want more backing. then just use 150 yrds of braid. but use the same amount on each reel so your counters will match up on your reels. i am using cabelas ripcord on most of my reels, but i had to replace the line on a couple of reels, i used power pro for them.

i bought a bunch of the sealine sg17lca reels the last couple of years off ebay and put braid on them. then when i went fishing i was having all kinds of problems with the drags. i sent them in to tuna toms to have them repaired. he told me the only thing wrong was the line was slipping on the spools. so he put pins in the spools to tie the line to. and then the rest of my reels i just put 200 ft of 17 lb mono backing on them and my problems are solved. so be sure to use a mono backing. or thats my opinion anyway.

sherman

If you dont mind me asking, how much coin did that run? Thanks!

I use 50# Power Pro green and I go a little overboard I use 250 yards of 20# mono backer and 200 yards of power Pro. I also run 30# 7strand wire for a for my wire presentation. 1000 ft of wire on a convector size 30 Line counter. I prefer to use the power pro set up until I have to go deep. Say June and July.

In my opinion color doesn't matter. I've also never used anything heavier than 30 lb and haven't had an issue
Also if you only use 300 yds. I would fill the rest of the spool with mono backer

Yes what Don said^^

65lb is way plenty. First run some mono backer on the reel like 300 yards then top it off with the braid 150 yards' date=' depending on line capacity. Now you can get two dipsy rods out of one 300 yard pack of braid and the mono backer keeps the braid from slipping on the spool. I use the green colored spider braid. Not really sure if there is one color better that the other. Thats how I set mine up.[/quote']

Ditto. You will never let out more than 150 yards of braid anyway. Mono is a fraction of the cost of braid.

Im just like everybody above 40 - 65 lb depends whats on sale not stuck with any specfic brand. I do like 300 yrds on each real. When you get that ocassional screamer that takes 600 feet i want all braid. Im not worried about my knots it just makes me feel better.

I use 50# red power pro, I put as much braid I can get on the reel, I use the old penn reals they have a peg so the line cannot slip. It might be a little more costly at first but it pays off in the long run. The mono does not last as long, and if you you get the big one on I like to have as much line on the real as possible. Also with a dipsy I like to use a heavy short rod, with those big fish the drag cannot be to tight or you can bend the hook, braid does not streach, need as much line as possible. The new wallye board will hold a mag. diver, depending on weather, can use a lot of line just getting the board out.