Slide divers

i havent got the picture thing figured out myself, so i cant send pictures. but i use the lite bite slide divers. they are just so much better. on them you have 2 adjustments 1 for your rod tension and 1 for the lure tension. you can set the lure tension loose enough that the little shakers will trip the divers. and i think braid is the only way to run a diver. it makes it so much better to trip the divers from the boat. you can get alot of info on these at slidediver.com

i dont even use the slide part of the diver myself. but i do like the lite bite feature. so i just tie my braid to a swivel and hook it to the front arm. then i tie an o ring to my leader and lace it through the back and in the lite bite trigger. and its ready to go. but i think they show you how to use them with the slide on the web site. they have a different set up for braid and mono. but i think you would like the lite bite slide diver much more than the slide diver. let me know what you think after you check out the web site.

sherman

As Matt said I do the same I blood knot 30-50 ft of mono on for the diver to clamp down on, Ive tried flourocarbon but it slips thru the tubing . I also tried turning the tubing a turn and it still slides so I just use the mono for a leader works great.

I tie leaders with flourocarbo about 5 -6ft long and the just connect them to my snap swivel this still allows you to use whatever lead length up to 50 ft which is the my reason for using slide diver as they were intend for and when running meat rigs or spin doctors and flies I dont put the floro leader on as this allows a easier net job and no handling like you have to when you run walker or lurh jensen divers.

Here is how i rig mine for walleye. For coho i am going to replace the 12lb with 20 lb leader.

diver_setup.jpg

yep, this is how i run mine. then just use about an 8 or 9 ft floro leader. the only reason i use these over the deeper divers is the lite bite arm. i think the divers themselves works as attractors so i dont care about having a 40 or 50 ft leader like they were designed to do. but i love the lite bite trigger on these. i mostly walleye fish on erie, and get alot of small trash fish and small eyes. and they just wont trip a standard diver. so your just draging around a small fish and never know it untill you bring it in. with the lite bite arm set as light as it will go, even the small white perch will usely trip the divers.

sherman

I run them the same way you do. On the business end I have about a spoon 6 feet of flouro, swivel(to stop the diver from sliding all the way to the fish) then about 75 feet of money, then you could put braid back on if you wanted to.

I really liked the slive divers last year, very steathy for later in the day, a nice clean spoon out there away from the boat with a 75 to 100 foot leader behind the dipsey. If you ran the braid backing you could add some depth to the overall setup.

That combo is the best of both worlds if the fish are in the top 50 feet or so. You get depth and a fun fight on the braid to get the dipsey down, then stealth with mono flouro extended behind the diver.

There also wonderful if fishing solo because you can shorten up the leader from swivel to spoon to about 3 feet allowing you to have to only work with 3 feet of line at the boat instead of 8 to 10 that I normally work with on regular dipseys.

just be sure and go to slidediver.com and watch the video. you can also google slide diver and get alot of useful info.

the slide diver is great for those that want a long lead between the diver and the lure. or if you want to use the lite bite arm on the lite bite slide divers. if you dont want the long leaders and dont need the lite bite arm, then i would reccomend the walker deeper diver. i started out using the dipsy divers, but didnt like the way the rings worked. so i switched to the walker divers and thought they were much better. then i checked out the plane old slide diver, and didnt like it much as i always use short leaders and use my divers as attractors. then came the lite bite, i tried them and fell in love with the lite bite arm. and also something i really like about the lite bite divers, the rings stay on real good so your not fighting them like on the dipsy,s. another thing you can get a kit that comes with a small ring and a large ring. and it also has a 2 oz weight and a 4 oz weight. so if you really want to get deep you can use the large ring and the 4 oz weight and really get down there.

but as for just the divers themselves the walker is just hard to beat. no rings to mess with and they work good. but if you want the longer leads or dont like dragging small fish around then you want the slide diver or the lite bite slide diver. if i was going to use a longer lead i would use a floro leader as long as i wanted then tie it to atleast 30 or 50 lb braid as my main line. the braid just helps trip the diver from the boat.

if you are fishing rough water you have to set the diver alittle tight to keep from getting alot of falce releases. then with mono or floro main line its hard to get the diver to trip. with braid its much eaiser.

sherman

I will try and get a picture of the rod holders that I made for my dipsy's. I used my big john down rigger plates to make it easier to change back to down rigger's but I found only 2 down rigger's, 2 mag divers (with the rod tips under water) and two slide divers over top worked really well ,probably will never run 4 down riggers again. I ran 50# power pro, blood not to 20# mono than a swivel to about 2' of florocarbon. Snap the diver on the mono and then when it trips it will slide down to the swivel and stop not messing with the fish.