Would this get tangled??

I want to know if I run a 200 ft copper on one side, a 300 ft copper on the other side, and a full core out the back, will this end up being a total nightmare? If the water is calm I plan on running the boards out a good distance. I have never attempted this, but before I do, just looking to see if I'm crazy or not. If this is a bad idea, how should I run these rods?

you can run the way you described but any fish coming to the back of the boat has the potential to tangle up the ten color off the back.

I would just run the ten color off a board outside the 300 copper.

you can run the way you described but any fish coming to the back of the boat has the potential to tangle up the ten color off the back.

I would just run the ten color off a board outside the 300 copper.

I agree. Or 200 outside of the 300 with the 10 color on the other side

i usually run a board of each side with 10 and 15 color on the port side and a 12 color and 300 copper on the starboard side with a 20 color down the chute. i dont usually have tangles and have no problems netting fish. i just move the 20 color to the opposite side of where the fish is coming in.

i usually run a board of each side with 10 and 15 color on the port side and a 12 color and 300 copper on the starboard side with a 20 color down the chute. i dont usually have tangles and have no problems netting fish. i just move the 20 color to the opposite side of where the fish is coming in.

why not run 45 lb coppers and save the guns for lifting weights :eek::eek:

I want to know if I run a 200 ft copper on one side, a 300 ft copper on the other side, and a full core out the back, will this end up being a total nightmare? If the water is calm I plan on running the boards out a good distance. I have never attempted this, but before I do, just looking to see if I'm crazy or not. If this is a bad idea, how should I run these rods?

I would run the 200 copper on one side and the 300 copper and the full core on the other , keep the shoot open for fish

the only time to run anything down the shute is in early spring coho fishing. then i like a crank bait in the back of the prop wash. when fishing kings the back of the boat is for landing fish. and it can still get alittle hairy if one comes in alittle green. just my opinion.

sherman

If you want to run 200, 300, and a 10 color at the same time I would do the same as everyone else mentioned but I would add another lead into the mix. Maybe a 7 or 8 color if the fish are there or a high line 2 color for steelies. You can VERY comfortably fish 2 boards a side even in a small boat unless it puts you over your rod limit.

80% of the year on our 18 footer my board program is a 10, 5 (plus weight as needed), 3, and 2 color leads. Nothing goes down the chute unless it is spring 'ho fishin.