Helpful Hint for Storing Coolers

Before you put the cooler away take a ball of paper towels and put a little artificial vanilla on the paper towels. Throw them in the cooler and the cooler will smell good as new next time you pull it out. I keep a roll of paper towels and a bottle of cheap artificial vanilla on the shelf right next to the coolers. Alot of times when I am getting the coolers ready I will just put the paper towels I pulled out of the cooler on the work bench and re-use them when I get home.

The paper towels also soak up that little bit of moisture left over after you wash it out.

No more musty smelling coolers:thumb:

When I'm cleaning my coolers, I have a gallon of bleach I keep in the garage. When I'm done cleaning it (with soap and bleach) I put a cap full of bleach and a little squirt from the hose.

Before I use it again I rinse it out with the hose.

It really helps with the stink!

I have a spray bottle of vinegar and water half and half. After washing in out and letting it dry i give it a quick spray and then put it away. Just enough to cover the surface and not pool in the bottom of the cooler. No fish smell when you open it next time and no danger of bleach.

I buy cheap listerine and pour some in after I wash the cooler. I wash it with that, then rinse it and it is fresh the next time I use it. The drug store brand is really cheap.