What knot again, braid to leadcore???

Willis Knot, but u have to put some super glue on about 6" of your braid then follow the instructions for the Willis knot after the super glue has fully dried, give it about 30 minutes. The video link that Jon gave is right on. If the braid wont insert into the end of the lead core sheath, u can use a small needle run it thru with the braid attached by the eye, bring the needle out of the sheath at the end of the lead and pull the braid on thru then trim the end and finish the knot as shown. I have never had the Willis knot fail. For short cores just use your 20# Mono as your backer.

If my memory serves me correct you tie a double willis knot when using braid, or like copper some guys use a real small swivel.

The trick to the willis knot is when you push back the outer braid and remove the lead don't pull on the braid to make it tight before you put the mono inside of it. leave it loose it makes all the difference. once you have the mono in the braid cinch the knot down tight. As long as I do it that way I can tie it without my glasses, otherwise forget it, you will have a hard time getting the mono to bottom out on the lead.

Agree with the above. I use a Uni to Uni to go from braid to mono and then a Willis to go from mono to core. I always use a double Willis and have never had one fail. I can even tie them on a boat.

Agree with the above. I use a Uni to Uni to go from braid to mono and then a Willis to go from mono to core. I always use a double Willis and have never had one fail. I can even tie them on a boat.

:thumb:

I use mono for backer for lead ,the boards dont like braid ,slips out of the release. I break about 6" of lead ,and pull it out ,tie a loose overhand knot and thread my mono into that til its thru the over hand knot then tighten it all down , tuff to tie in the boat tho. jimmy

I introduced my friend Terry Overloop to the Willis knot yesterday, he is new to big lake boat ownership and is just getting started. We used 20# mono( he did not want to try braid) took him 1 time of watching me and a little coaching and he got it down pat. We spooled 2- 10 color setups, a 2- color and a 3- color. so he did it a few times. Use the willis knot to attach your leader too.