I keep my boat in dry stack, however if I want to fish early morning my boat sits in the water overnight. In the sping and fall there is a lot of condensation on the glass. Would Rain X help at all? I am going to wire in a small fan this spring but I was wondering if something else would help.

Rain X's purpose is to have the water bead and run off the glass quickly. When you have rain x on your car windshield, you normally don't have to use the wipers. I don't know if it helps keep condensation off, but it will quickly run off once you get to speed.

Brandon

There are two RainX products last I knew. One is for general all-purpose usage, when it rains, the water simply flies off as if a coating of wax was on the glass, I also used on my boat the Fog RainX product and can recommend it highly. It also keeps the glass clearer than anything else on the market and I apply it inside and outside of the cockpit glass. I've always thought it would be a viable option for mfrs. to install window defoggers, same as cars, why they haven't up to this date, is beyond me.

I've been using the rain x on the outside of my windows, going to check into the fog x, as I've heard whispers and I too have major fog on my windows inside in the morning. The rain X on the exterior of the windows really keeps the rain off the glass awesomely. I hope the FogX is just as good

RainX doesn't do much, even after the boat reaches planing speed. There's really not that much air flow at 30mph...at least on my boat. I've never used the FogX product so that might help as others have implied. If you're in the water with power hookup, I set a small ceramic heater on my dash and have it plugged into a timer. The timer is programmed to turn on the heater a couple hours before I want to leave. When I get up, the glass is clear and dry. It will eventually refog, but ususally stays clear long enough to get me out of the harbor and fishing.

There used to be a product that you could buy at the State Fair for your glasses they would put it on and you glasses would not fog up . Other than that you would have to warm up the glass somehow so that the fog would not form. 12 volt hair dryer?

I have the same problem on the way back in at dusk , and have to drive with my head above the windshield.

I have tried another product that works the same as RainX but all it did was bead off if I was going more than 25 mph .you could try this product.

http://www.reddenmarine.com/marine-supplies.cfm/wax-protection-glass-protection/rain-x-af21212/fog-x-anti-fogging.html

Thanks gentlemen, I think I am going to give the Fog X a try this spring, figure it cant hurt.

Jim: I like the new logo, I am leary about buying things in the State Fair expo hall. I bought a super magic mop once that I saw the guy wipe up ketchup with, when I tried using the mop at home with water it was a POS. Damn snake oil mop salesmen....

• 1 month later...

WD-40 might work, though I haven't tried it on boat glass. It does prevent fog on bathroom mirrors, which I have tried and it does work for a week or so. I use WD-40 to clean our shower glass. Maybe doesn't work as well as an anti-fog product....but might save you some $ if you have a can of WD-40 laying around.

http://www.wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf