Smoking

EdB

Ed, You could take ole Justin Wilson's place on TV. Everything looks so appetizing. I can smell the aroma over the web.:thumb:

I like your smoker. Do you have more than one tier? Show use more pics on the 55 gal drum smoker. Ed Bs Smokin 101. :thumb:

I'm on the Jackson County Washtenaw county line in Waterloo, want me to PM the address Ken;)

The smoker has 2 racks, I have a drip pan underneath today but I can run two racks of food if needed. More than we eat on the racks going now but those pulled pork sandwhiches will be good for lunch this week.

I foiled the ribs a while ago, the butt is at 160 degrees. I want it to be 190-200 and it falls apart for pulled pork.

I didn't take any pics when I built mine but this link below shows how to build them and a few pics of some very nice home builds. We have this BBQ/fishing event in St Joe every spring and I learned a lot from the competition BBQ chefs that come to it every year.

Building a basic drum smoker:

http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/showthread.php?3165-Building-a-basic-drum-smoker-(UDS)

Foiledribs.jpg

We got 6-8 of this white stuff in the last 24hrs

Matt better you than us.:lol:

We got plenty of rain last night and some snow this afternoon but it melted as quick as it fell. We had some thunder and lightning last night.

looks great!! nice job.

i think i just found my new smoker, i have a brinkmann that i modified for better heat control, i have gotten really good at using it,3-4 hours at 175 -200 with charcoal and apple wood chunks but it is too small, i can only fit one turkey, or one large king, not enough room to do sausage or more than one thing at a time.

thanx for the link