tite lock rod holders?

I'm on a very limited budget was wondering if the tite lok adjustable rod holder wil.l work for dipsys or lead core. I'm getting down riggers from ken this weekend, and I have a set of big Jon holders that came with boat. Just wondering why they are so much cheaper

I had tite loks for a few bucks more a pice contact tony at lord of the riggers. he is an advertiser here on the board. Talk tohim about big jon holders. you wont be disappointed. tite locks after a few years you'll be replacing them.

How many holders are you wanting to put on?

Here is a link to a good rod holder from tony. send him an email with hom many you want and that your from the board and he may be able to help you out.

http://www.lordoftheriggers.com/item/?product=18

If you go with the tit loks do not run mag divers or you will loose rods and break rod holders. I had a couple break running mags.

thats why a lot of the guys here praise him so much. He lives in cadillac and gets stuff daily from big jon. if he doesn't have it at his house he will have it drop shipped and you'll have it in a day or two. if you do a search and type in lord of the riggers you'll see what i am talking about.

dont want to hurt tony,s business but i would suggest you go with the cannon ratcheting rod holders for your divers. you can set then with one hand, then when you get a fish instead of having to reach out over the side of the boat to get your rod, you just grab it and ratchet it to the upright position and lift it up out of the holder. the single axis holders is all you need, and right now you can get them at amazon.com for 64.00 each. but you do need to buy the tracks for them, which is a good thing. then you can mount the tracks where ever you want them. then just put the holders on when you need them. and if you want you can get the tracks alittle longer than you need. it lets you move the holders around for there sweet spot. it will also let you add more holders at a later date. just my opinion but the ratcheting holders is the only way to use divers.

sherman

Those cannons are pretty pricey when you add in the track also. For similar money the Big Jon HD Diver holders are AWESOME and they come with a piece of track. i have a pair of the HDs and they have the HDs that ratchet up. You could probably lift your boat with these things.

non ratchet

http://www.lordoftheriggers.com/item/?product=35

ratchet

http://www.lordoftheriggers.com/item/?product=67

And my buddy needs big Jon bases so I'm gonna email tony and place one order for 2 big jon. Holders and 3 swivel bases. I thank everyone for the feedback. I will be picking up my riggers from nailer tomorrow so ill have a big part of what I need. This sport is very addicting.

I have the tite loks and wish I bought the Big Jons. I've only had them for 2 seasons and they are a pain to move up and down. The thing I was sold on was the rotating base, which now almost all rod holders have. As soon as I save up enough money or if they break, I'm getting the Big Jons.

I have the tite loks and wish I bought the Big Jons. I've only had them for 2 seasons and they are a pain to move up and down. The thing I was sold on was the rotating base' date=' which now almost all rod holders have. As soon as I save up enough money or if they break, I'm getting the Big Jons.[/quote']

The rotating bases on the TiteLoks is their biggest problem. The washers in the bases wear and are prone to swiveling back. Their Rod holders are fine for planer boards but I don't think I'd trust them with a $200 Dipsy set up that pulls like a Mack Truck. I have used these holders on a friends boat. Thanks for your input William.

Yea I will defanitly go big Jon I got alot of other things I need so if I can save 5 bucks that's another spoon I can buy so every dollar counts.

hey

i fully understand i have been there many times. when i first started fishing lake mich, i had home made riggers. we took the big pully off some old dryers and used steel pipe for booms and rod holders. then we were out in some pretty rough water in our big 16 ft boat, and broke both booms. and i used manual riggers from 1976 untill 2009. then i bought my first electric riggers, i just never could spend the money for electric ones. i have even had to sell all my gear a few times back some years ago when i would get laid off from work in sept and would be laid off untill about april. i would sell all my gear so we could have christmas for our kids and help pay the bills. then when i would get back to work i would work as much overtime as i could and buy some gear with my overtime money. i always bought used manual riggers. and then just bought cheap rods and reels. over the years and working alot of overtime i managed to upgrade my reels to line counters. but i bought all of them off ebay. and i still just have cheap rods. so as you can see im not just someone making light to your money limits. i have lived with limits all my life, and i still have those limits.

i have been using cabelas quick draw rod holders for about 15 years. i paid like 15.00 each for them, and i have always loved the way they work. but up on erie pulling those divers they were twisting around and kept me worried they were going to brake. so i got alittle money a couple of years ago, and i bought electric riggers and the cannon ratcheting rod holders. and i understand you have to buy what you can. but i did want to let you know about the cannon ratcheting rod holders. they are just a great holder for using divers, because you never have to lean out over the side of the boat to pull your rods out. you just ratchet the holders up and lift the rods up. and even tho 64.00 is still high, its a great price for these holders, when i first started buying mine they were like 99.00 each. i got my first 4 off ebay for 70.00 each. they were the double axis. they cost alittle more than the single axis. so when i found them on sale at amazon for 69.00 for the single axis i bought 4 more. then a few days ago i seen they were 64.00 and bought 2 more. but i had bought extra lengths of trax when i bought them so i could move my holders around.

and like i told you in the pm when i gave you tony,s email address. if you will email him you will get his best price. and big jon does make a great product. i have 4 big jon riggers and i love them. and they do make ratcheting holders, but they are over 100.00 each. and i wish you all the luck in the world on your fishing. i have been fishing the big water since 1976. and i,ve been hooked on some type fishing big water ever since. but most of my efforts go to fishing the central basin of lake erie now.

my first trip to erie we was in a 15 ft open bow tri hull with a 65 hp motor. we got caught in 6 to 7 footers and took us 2 hours to travel the 9 miles back to shore. that was the first and last trip for that boat. then i fished for a few years in a 16 ft deep v. and kept a lot closer watch on the weather. then i got my baby. i found this old cherokee aluminum 18 ft boat parked under some trees down in kentucky. i bought it for 250.00. i put my motor on it and a good friend sandblasted it and another friend painted it. then i put new flooring in it and new steering, and some new seats i bought at a rv surplus store, and walaa i had me a awesome lake erie boat.

sherman

Sherman, Good post. I think we can all relate to making do with what we have.:thumb:

thank you. im sure alot of us guys started with a tight budjet and just worked our way up over the years. im alittle disgruntled at amazon right now, i just checked on the cannon rod holders at amazon and they are down to 60.00 each. i know i just paid 64.00 for my last 2, but thats still 8.00 i could have used someplace elce. sure wish i was looking to buy some more,LOL. but i already have 6 on each side.

thank you. im sure alot of us guys started with a tight budjet and just worked our way up over the years. im alittle disgruntled at amazon right now, i just checked on the cannon rod holders at amazon and they are down to 60.00 each. i know i just paid 64.00 for my last 2, but thats still 8.00 i could have used someplace elce. sure wish i was looking to buy some more,LOL. but i already have 6 on each side.

Sherman, Ya know what they say, "ya can never have too many rod holders". :lol: We have all been there as far as the price goes. Some times ya pull the trigger too quick and sometimes too slow.

Id shy away from teh tite loks. We had them years ago. Had the standard pins as well as the quick pins for fast adjustments. The standard pins bent and the quick pins busted. I would not recommend them for salmon use.