bird tree

I really like my Great Lakes Planer Triple. It fits in my tracks and can be removed easily. It has independent rod holders that can be swung in and out for adaptability, the only thing that is not adjustable is the angle of each rod holder.

I like the traxstechs the best.

What traxstech bird trees are are just a vertical piece of track (different style then the gunnel mount track) that is about 2" square with a channel to put things in on 3 of the 4 sides.

The reason i really like this is because of its vertitility. I had his 3 position tree and on one side i had 3 rod holders, on another side i had a drink holder and on another side i had a net holder, all in 6" of track and was easily removable and swiveled on top of it. You just lift up on the whole unit and it swivels and locks every 90 degrees.

Here is a picture of one of the 3 positions with a net holder in it.

DSC00730.jpg

If I could afford traxstech I would go that route, but it's a little pricey.

I have big Jon tripples, and while I didn't get them from Tony, that would be where I would go today. They are very easy to take on and off and store, and they are very adjustable. Once you get them set where you like them, it's very easy to fall in love with them.

I've had the great lakes planers for a few years and love em. The fixed angle is not a problem for me. I like being able to easily rotate and adjust vertically. I use the top hole for the net, and it works great.

Great Lakes Planer, Not too expensive, u can get a pair of 3 rod trees for under $300 on ebay. I put em on my boat last year and really like them. My son has the big Jon's on his boat but they are about double the money for the angle adjustable feature.

Great Lakes Planer, Not too expensive, u can get a pair of 3 rod trees for under $300 on ebay. I put em on my boat last year and really like them. My son has the big Jon's on his boat but they are about double the money for the angle adjustable feature.

No where near double the money.:)

http://www.lordoftheriggers.com/products/?cat=14

Give Tony a call.