Offshore OR12 boards

ekbelt

If anyone is a fan of these boards Northwoods outlet has a smoking deal on them at $21 bucks a pop (they are normally $35). Shipping is really reasonable too, I paid 10 bucks for 4 boards. They work awesome for lighter line setups like coho, steelhead, and walleye.

They also have very good deals on Okuma Convector 45D's.

If anyone is in the market check them out! Can't find a better price.

I'm not affiliated with them at all, just wanted to pass the deal on.

http://www.northwoodsoutlet.com/

While I appreciate a good deal as much as the next guy I must caution us as a group to not just shop online to save 5 bucks a reel or a few dollars here and there. We risk putting good local shops out of business. The same shops that provide good service, advice, bait, respooling, etc etc. There are already too few good shops around and we don't need to loose them. Many of the stores have GREAT spring blowout prices to get you set up for the season. I know outdoorsman has a big show, D&R has a big show, and others have great spring pricing and salmon clinics coming up. Personally, I'd wait on ordering anything from online at this point and wait a few weeks for the shows. You'd be surpised how good the deals are (for example Walleye boards for 17.99 the past few years at the D&R show).

I already have my stuff picked out at outdoorsman waiting for thursday. I mix online and store purchases. Outdoorsman gets most of my money when buying fishing gear as they are about three minutes from my front door. I am wondering how the Grand Rapids show is going to be this year. There are some big vendors that backed out of the shows this year.

I did talk to Charley at Boardlows fishing hole today. He is going to come to Grand Rapids. He usually has a lot of the special type stuff that others don't have. He didn't do the Detroit show and was considering skipping GR this year. Mik Lurch the booth that is usually bigger than franks is all done doing the shows in michigan. They were another one i always went to for stuff. I talked Kevins daughter there and she was saying that it just isn't worth it since the prices on booth space went up a couple years ago. all they are doing is shuffling money and hardly posting a profit by the time they pay for fuel, hotels, meals, and help.

Northwood's is awesome on there prices. I like the offshore planner boards better than the Church planner boards unless your Fishing Coho and running close to the boards. The Coho like the reddish orange color for some reason better than the yellow boards. You guys might want to check out Franks Great Outdoors as well its just down the road and as they have good prices to. I the last few years I have been getting my Salmon gear on the east side and watch deals over there. I was getting my spoons from a few smaller bait shops for about a buck a piece this included Silver Streaks including the hard to find ones that are a few years old. I think it will end soon as the Salmon fish was much better on the east side last year than it has been for the past several years.

If anyone is a fan of these boards Northwoods outlet has a smoking deal on them at $21 bucks a pop (they are normally $35). Shipping is really reasonable too, I paid 10 bucks for 4 boards. They work awesome for lighter line setups like coho, steelhead, and walleye.

They also have very good deals on Okuma Convector 45D's.

If anyone is in the market check them out! Can't find a better price.

I'm not affiliated with them at all, just wanted to pass the deal on.

http://www.northwoodsoutlet.com/

They do have a lot of good buys. About a year ago the OR12s were $20 there. I'm in that store a few times a month.:) They have a ton of stuff that isn't listed on their site.

It just makes me wonder how they can sell below MSRP pricing? The prices that all retail stores have to maintain per their merchant agreements. Some say that they purchase bulk quantities of "out of business" stock. BS-there isn't that steady of a supply of that stuff to keep their shelves stocked and full year round. Its one thing to have a spring sale, or show special, but year round sub MSRP. If it smells like a rat........

I agree with Mark and Ben. Otherwise, when all of the little shops are done and gone, enjoy the service and professional help you get at Northwoods.

Northwoods can be a great place if you know your prices. Yes some stuff is substantially cheaper to get you in the door, other stuff is the same if not more than lets say "franks" down the road. Both are your "local shops" but they are just local to us east siders and not you west side fisher people. Both are still Michigan owned and operated. I get stuff at both shops and online, just make sure you know what the prices are supposed to be at other shops before you go all "kid in a candy store" like I do when I get in any tackle shop. I will surely make it there this weekend for a few more convectors and boards thats for sure. Thanks for the heads up...

Frank's is another great place. I'm in there as much as Northwoods. Frank's gets a lot of my business.:) I hope they become a sponsor here.

Northwood's buy in huge quantities and pass the savings on to the customer. If ya never been there check it out. If ya don't like it, don't go back.:) I hope they become sponsor here.:)

I learned this from buying scuba gear for the last 19 years. I always give my local shop a chance to at least do what they can to get me close. If they are willing then i will buy from them otherwise i will go to the best price.

Its just like franks on their walleye reels for 28 bucks knowone can beat their price and looking at okumas site they are also below MSRP. Everyone else is 40 to 50 bucks on them. I dont shop at the places that are just a warehouse with a internet store front like the camera/ scuba/ fine jewelery/ electronics /home furnishings/ places in new york. Northwoods is a local place just like franks and the outdoorsman. If you say that you dont buy from a place that has an online shop youd better take a look at outdoorsmans website, they have had an internet business for years with different pricing than in store. I have been buying from them for years before i moved to where i am at now and have only been going to the shop itself for about five years now. Right now they are doing a redesign on that sales page. Not trying to start a fight but just want to make a point here. I know the little shops can't always compete but ya know my money is hard earned and with the prices of things(food, gas, ect) i am very concious of what i spend and where. If my wages were going up as the rest of the goods are then i wouldn't worry, but my wages have stayed the same and everything has gone up. I learned that from being laid off for almost two years and my wife for almost a year at the same time. Being frugal kept us going. If it isn't a deal it isnt a sale.

I have to somewhat appologize. I was under the impression that northwoods was only a web site and not a store front. Thanks for the clarification guys. I still like to keep my business to west michigan because I want to see my local guys stay around. Can't get good advice on how to fish Holland Salmon from the east side. But if northwoods is a good east side shop, I fully support the east side guys using them too, for the same reason. I just wanted to voice my opinion because I REALLY want to make sure our local guys stick around.

Economics 101. Do you buy 90% of your groceries at a supermarket or a corner store? Convenience is worth something. I think I already know the answer to my question. I retired in 2000 and don't have a COLA so my pension is the same. I have to squeeze a nickel till the buffalo craps a dime.:) I do support some of our sponsors and will continue to do so.:) Northwoods is my closest tackle provider followed by Franks. :) The money is being spent in this State and Lord knows this State can use it.