New Charter Boat suggestion

mlange1221

Searching for new Charter Boat for Lake Erie.

Currently I have a Grady White 26 foot with outboard. Great boat yet I found I cant take out more than 4 customers comfortably this past year. I have looked at numerous boats along with calling on some for sale. I am seriously looking at a 30' Cherokee 2004. I have considered a Baha, Sportcraft and Tiara yet haven't really found any others that had low hours, So Im asking for input since the next boat I want to last for years to come.

Price range is 55000 and below.

Thanks for any suggestions.

i have my old charter boat its a 31' cherokee, its a 94 in excellent conidition the motors have a little higher hours on it but it runs flawlessly. I put a new C70 Raymarine on it two years ago, along with a ew radar dome and GPS. It has a new Raymerina Auto Piolt and everything. Also comes with its own traielr. Asking 28,000.

Let me know if you might be interested

• 1 month later...

I personally think you are better off with your current boat rather than up sizing. I run a 22' Lund Baron and can accommodate four customers. Times are changing for the charter industry and I believe that smaller, more economical boats are going to be the wave of the future. Escalating fuel prices are the culprit. I can charge less than charters running bigger boats and yet still make more profit per trip than they can because my boat is very energy efficient. Sure, I get calls from groups of five or six people that I can't handle on my boat, but I try to convince them to charter two smaller boats and most of them go for it and the ones that don't get referred to bigger boat charters that refer trips back to me, so that's a win-win too. The main drawback to smaller charter boats is that you might loose a few more trips to the weather. A lot of customers don't want to fish in rough seas though anyways.

Mike