BBQ'd Salmon

Mushy's Dad

BBQ Sauce

2/3 cup brown sugar (packed)

Juice of one lemon (aprox 3 Tbsp)

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 sticks of butter or margarine (I used 2/3 cup)

Combine the ingredients and heat until disolved and blended. The mircowave works just fine for this step.

Grill salmon fillets skin side down over hot coals. If steaks are used, you will need to turn once. Baste 2 to 3 times per side during grilling. Add a handful of soaked Alder chips on to the coals for an extra smokey flavor.

Serve with lemon wedges and pass the remaining sauce around the table. This will be enough sauce for 2 pounds of salmon.

TIPS!

I used skinless coho fillets and i turned them once, basting 3 times per side, I used a lot of the sauce and it flared up but it will just add to the flavor. IF you go skinless make sure you spray the grill rack with no stick cooking spray BEFORE the grill is over the coals. Once sprayed you will want to place the fillets on the grill right away or the heat from the grill will burn off the spray.

This recipe is super fast and easy!! I got 2 thumbs up from Momma and Mushy! Make sure you make extra fillets for sandwiches the next day. Mushy ate a whole fillet himself.

bbq_salmon_002.jpg

Tom, That sure looks good.:) I like beer or lemonade with fish.

Frank,

Sounds like you are trying to get invited over for dinner! :lol:

I tried very hard to save 1/2 of a fillet for my luch the next day but it turned out to be 1/4 of one. Thats all that was left.

Frank' date='

Sounds like you are trying to get invited over for dinner! :lol:

I tried very hard to save 1/2 of a fillet for my luch the next day but it turned out to be 1/4 of one. Thats all that was left.[/quote']

Put Mushy on a diet.:) Sounds like he cleaned his plate. Ya know I would rather eat fish than a steak and I love em both. The pic of those fish looked so appetizing. Must be the excellent presentation with the checked place mats and all. The aroma came through over the internet.

Put Mushy on a diet.:) Sounds like he cleaned his plate. Ya know I would rather eat fish than a steak and I love em both. The pic of those fish looked so appetizing. Must be the excellent presentation with the checked place mats and all. The aroma came through over the internet.

LOL .. Sure did clean up the fish but it not the Mush man that needs to go on the diet, I am pretty sure it is Mushy's Dad. :no: