Okuma Classic Pro Glt ????'s

I haven't tried the rods. I can say that you will be much happier putting the Torpedo Tip on your rods instead of the Aftco. It has a small SIC ringed guide on the incoming side of the roller, it keeps the wire centered in the roller no matter what angle the swivel tip is at. The aftco doesn't have this feature and will run you about $25 more per tip. Try and find a US distributer because the shipping charges from Ontario sucks.

I have no affiliation with Torpedo, I just use them off and on again when the situation calls for a swivel roller tip.

Todd, I may be at Birch Run with the Streak booth. I won't most likely have any rods though, just helping out. Most of my wire rods do break the bank, sorry. The components are all very expensive to do it right.

Torpedo tips from Calumet Marine, guys we need to talk!

Has anyone used the Okuma Classic Pro Glt Copper/Leadcore for a wire diver rod? I was thinking of putting an Aftco swivel tip on one and trying it? Has anyone tried this with any success?

I have not tried but if these are the copper rods and not the GLT Salmon rods you could do it but I wouldn't , I think the tips are too stiff for putting wire on these.

I am looking to replace the wire rods I have when I have the money . I have the blue diamond roller rods and its too easy for the wire to miss the rollers . Are you just trying to save cash ? If you do it let me know how it works out.

I assume the rods you are talking about are the Classic Pro GLT Rod (model CP-CL-862M). I bought them last year and i love them for leadcore and cores. But for wire no. I would consider the Classic Pro GLT Rod (model CP-DD-1002M). They are specifically designed for divers. I have had great luck with these rods for MAG divers and no need for a twilly tip (the guides handle the wire just fine). Okuma has all the specs for their rods and reels on their site. http://www.okumafishing.com/

I use the Okuma Classic Pro dipsey rods for copper and for wire dipseys, just forget the rollers and put a $3.00 twill tip on and you have a great setup. the twill tips keep the knot from catching on the tip and my CL55 L rods have big enough level winds that I have no problems with the copper setup. The wire I run on smaller linecounter CL series reels the 45 LC works really well. I like the 9' rods over the 10 footers, more control of the rod tip, but that is just me. I use the 8' rods for dipseys. CPDD 8' with the twill tip is the nutz for the dipsey presentation.

Too bad you live so far away.

I just picked up a few 10'3" rods with twilly tips on them at teh fishing swap meet.

I bought them because they had 30D convectors with wire on them already.

Putting the reels on 8'6" blue diamond roller rods.

I'll pretty much give the 10' rods away as I already have 10' blue diamond rollers.

They are Okuma Classic Pro Mooching rods.

Someone want them?????

Any one need a decent low priced Dipsy Rod Northwoods in Pinconning has the Okuma Mooching rods in 9 and 10 ft for under $20. I'm thinking they were around the $15 mark.:) I hope this helps. Northwoods site doesn't show even a small fraction of what they have.

Anyone needing spoons they have a ton of Luhr Jennsen spoons @ $1 each including the magnums.