scents?

mark72

I was wondering if anyone knows of any scent attrancent you can add to your spoons and flys other than messing around with meat? Like something you just spray on that smells like a fish. Or a bait that holds scent in it like a squid or fly? Thanks

Go to michigan sportsman web page they sell smelly jelly it works great, I've used it along with fake herring from baitrix and have great success using them on meat rigs I refuse to use real meat on my boat because of the mess and smell. I catch just as many fish or more as friends of mine who are using meat and with the batrix baits you can catch tons of fish on them without having to replace them hope this helps.

The baitrix and better than bait strips look great they may work better than the real thing because they glow and are UV. Does anyone use them? You run them just like a fly right? Were a meat rig you run clean cause it spins on its own

I don't know when the last time some of you have used real herring but it is no longer messy. The strips are dry packed in salt instead of herring oil. They are easy, clean, and veryp effective.

I just take them out of the pack and run them but you can also get a sqeeze bottle with herring oil and oil them if you want but I don't think it's necessary the bait still has plenty of natural oil and scent in it.

You can get pure herring oil and strips on calumetmarine.com.

The baitrix baits I run I use in meat rigs in place of whole or strip herring, you can also use them in just a meathead behind a dodger or flasher. They have several colors to select from and if you buy the tunable ones you can set you roll to what you want ,aslso as I stated its advantage over real herring is you can catch far more fish without having to replace them ,I have several of the baits that i am still using from the 2010 season and the fish don't seem to know the difference between the baitrix and real herring.