Cabelas Coming to West Michigan

Idle Time

I wish they would have stuck with their original idea and built in Walker. The North end of town has no big sporting goods stores. This makes at least 5 in the South end. Two Ganders, Al & Bobs, MC Sports and Dicks. Plus the Pro shop in Jenison.

I know where they are going to build. I go past it almost daily. They tore down a couple old office buildings and have been working there all summer putting in drain and water piping. There was a sign there this summer saying a new shopping complex was coming soon.

they had also planed to build a large store with a indoor water slide on the south side if indy here in indiana. but when the market went down they canceled it.

sherman

i also read there is one coming to columbus ohio on another forum. that one would be rough on me,LOL. i only live about 100 miles from columbus. i could be there in about 2 hours. it takes me 5 now to get to dundee mi.

YEEEEE HAAAAA

sherman

Personally i think Cabelas is a horrible store! It's not geared to the state of Michigan at all. I will continue to shop at the two best stores in Michigan, Franks Great Outdoors, and Northwoods wholesale outllet. Both stores have enough stuff to make your head spin, and it's all things that are used constantly in the state of Michigan! :)

Although Cabelas is a blast to walk around, and look at things in!

Personally i think Cabelas is a horrible store! It's not geared to the state of Michigan at all. I will continue to shop at the two best stores in Michigan, Franks Great Outdoors, and Northwoods wholesale outllet. Both stores have enough stuff to make your head spin, and it's all things that are used constantly in the state of Michigan! :)

Although Cabelas is a blast to walk around, and look at things in!

I am going to disagree with you on the store not being geared towards Michigan. If they do what they did with the hammod indiana store here, then they will have an expanded salmon selection like the hammond store. Both the Bass Pro(indiana also) and Cabelas have stuff in those two stores geared more to the local fishing. Just like the bass pro and cabelas in rossford oh and dundee have more walleye stuff then the indiana stores do. I do love shopping at franks and some of the other local stores also as i like to support my local shops.

I spend way more at Cabelas either on line or at the store, than any other sport shop. But I will say, when I am over by Linwood I sure do like to stop at Franks and at Northwoods. I don't buy online from Franks because their shipping is to highly priced. And Bass Pro rarely has what I want.

To me, being a West Michigan dweller, I like the idea of a new store in our area, and another Biggy Sports store too, like East Michigan. Cabela's is a great sporting goods outlet, and I for one, wish them well. Esp. in this day and age of closures and downsizing that is rampant all over the place.