Cameras

GLF

Most of you know my sons are racing quarter midgets now. There are a few photographers who have been taken pictures of the racing at the deltaplex. I contacted one of them to see if he would sell my a digital copy of one of his images. He only sells printed images. :( Printed images are not what I am looking for.

So.....I am looking for a good camera that will take good images without being blurry. I know nothing about fps or shutter speed, or lenses.

Can someone shed a little light on what I should be looking for?

Any recommendations for a camera?

I really like the new olympus PEN cameras. they are super fast as they dont use a traditional cdw chip for processing the pictures. they are pricy though. They have high speed setting for pics like what you are wanting to take. The modes they have on the camera are a really good starting point till you master the manual settings. And if you ever dicide to get back into scuba they have a housing available. Here is a link to the camera:

http://olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_digital_pen.asp?section=camera

and the place i buy most of camera equipment:

http://www.17photo.com

Talk to a guy named Dove. He really knows his stuff on these cameras.

i think any quality DigitalSLR would be sufficient for what you are looking for. They are definitely much more affordable then a couple years ago.

I really love my Canon Digital Rebel. I am not a seasoned photographer by any means and I still manage to take some awesome shots once in a while :)

You need to get a couple go pro's and mount them on your kid's cars.

If you're married. I'd buy a cannon DSLR because they're cheaper and are fine. Give it to the wife & take her to barnes & noble and buy her a book. Tell her she isn't allowed to do any friends wedding photos. The stress isn't worth it. 1 blury pic and they're pissed at you for life. Once you own a DSLR people will come out of the woodworks asking you to do it.

Plain and simple, there is nothing easy with taking high speed pics indoors. There is not enough light (for most cameras & lenses) to get the shutter speed fast enough to stop the motion.

The other issue you will have is, getting a non pro camera to focus fast enough to keep tract of a moving image.

At the least you will need a (in the canon series) 1D, with a f 2.8 or bigger lens.

I have a 1D mk2N and a 70-200 2.8 that will do what you want. Give me a call, and I can let you use it.

You need to get a couple go pro's and mount them on your kid's cars.

This is in the game plan.....but its not in the budget yet. Need to get some sponsors.

Plain and simple, there is nothing easy with taking high speed pics indoors. There is not enough light (for most cameras & lenses) to get the shutter speed fast enough to stop the motion.

The other issue you will have is, getting a non pro camera to focus fast enough to keep tract of a moving image.

At the least you will need a (in the canon series) 1D, with a f 2.8 or bigger lens.

I have a 1D mk2N and a 70-200 2.8 that will do what you want. Give me a call, and I can let you use it.

I would love to take you up on this offer, but I would be afraid of something happening to it if I borrowed it. Having two cars there, I am WAY to busy while I am there to take pictures. Once they are on the track, I am on the track(infield) with them, so I could never take the pictures. My wife is the one that records the races for me.

What are you doing on 24 March? How would you like to go to the DeltaPlex with me? :grin:

24 March is our last indoor race. We start racing in April at the Little Kalamazoo Speedway.