New motor

Eric

Why don't you have it rebuilt, then you have a new motor that will last another life time of seasons. I have a friend out of zeeland mi that rebuilds motors full time and you won't be sorry taking it to him and he loves to fish also.I believe jon from this site has used him last year. I also had him do all the prep work on mine and I put it back together and dropped it in.

If you need his name and phone # I can send it to you.

It was rebuilt when we bought the boat, had 50 hrs on it. Now its at 1400 hrs. Has 1 dead cylinder and 3 with 100lbs of compression. It is bored 60 over so going for a new one. Have one on the stand to build, but April is coming fast. I found a 325 hp roller long block for 1200 with a 2 yr warranty

It was rebuilt when we bought the boat, had 50 hrs on it. Now its at 1400 hrs. Has 1 dead cylinder and 3 with 100lbs of compression. It is bored 60 over so going for a new one. Have one on the stand to build, but April is coming fast. I found a 325 hp roller long block for 1200 with a 2 yr warranty

Did you check the timing on this? Might just need a timing chain.

Eric

There could be a number of things that make you lose a cyc , bad valve ,stuck ring ,hole in the piston ,weak or broken spring, I agree with frank do a leak test. The motor being bored a 60th is done for if it is in the bottom end 60th is max you want to go on it. but you still have a lot of time to replace it ,with the new motor in hand ,you can have it in and out in a weekend.

get it leak down tested

quick and easy way to find out whats wrong to early to be looking for a rebuld yet

1700 bucks from michigan motors hard to beat their quality vs price

if were talking about the same place, its called michigan motorz. i had a bad engine about 5 yrs ago. i bought a brand new 5.7 vortec 320 hp. it was called his silver package it came with everything from a duel line holley to the oil pan, even had distributor wires and plugs. and electric fuel pump. had to use my alternator and starter and power steering pump. but the best i remember it had everything elce. i talked to him and took the boat in. i think at that time he let me have it for 2900.00 then 800.00 to change it out for me. i took it in one morning and took it home that afternoon, ready to launch.

but he has everything from rebuilt long blocks to complete engines. and he has deacent prices. just check out his website michiganmotorz.com then find out what you want, then call him, he may give you alittle better price than whats listed on his site. and he,s been around for a long time, so he covers his warrenties.

now if i remember correctly in too deep had to replace his engine last year. and somebody on here hooked him up with a great price on a marine engine where they got there fleet engines. you might contact him and see if im right, and how everything worked out for him. just a thought.

sherman

• 1 month later...
jay

Randy Hilbrand

1885 84th st.

Zeeland Mi

616-772-1354

Here is the info on randy let me know if I can help any other way . He is a great person to work with and he knows his stuff.

I have a motor from Randy, great guy and even better work, prices are very fair