lite bite slide diver

sherman51

hey everybody

i was just wandering how many of you have tried the lite bite slide diver, and your thoughts on them??

i started using them 2 years ago, because we were draging so many small fish around on lake erie that just wasnt big enough to trip the divers. with the invasion of the white perch and all the other small fish already there, you were always thinking about having something to small to trip the divers. well with the lite bite slide diver its just about done away with this worry. i just set the lite bite arm as loose as it will go. then set the rod arm tight enough that i hardley ever get a falce release.

something elce i would like to know is if any of you just use the diver like a standard diver. i just didnt like all the hassle of using the slide part of the diver. and i like to use the diver as an attractor anyway. so i tried them by just tieing my main line to the diver then tieing a small split ring to the end of my leader and stringing it through the back and putting it in the lite bite arm and then tieing on my lure. if i want to use a rubber snubber i just use a short piece of line to go through the lite bite arm then tie a swivel on then the rubber snubber then tie on my 6 to 9 ft leader.

this has worked great for me. many times we would never see the rod jerk. it would just trip, and when we reel it in there is a small white perch or yellow perch or white bass. i would never have knew anything was on if not for the light bite arm triping the diver. so please let me know what your thoughts are.

sherman

For erie walleye fishing they are awesome. Set the trip arm real light and a small perch will trip them.Take a look at their instructions: http://slidediver.com/img/SlideDiver.pdf

I use the Fixed Leader Directional Diver instructions. But where the fixed leader is i tie in a piece of 50lb PP about 8 inches long and another swivel, to hook my leader to. The reason is i was having an issue with my 12 lb flourocarbon breaking where it rubbed on the trip arm.

diver_setup.jpg

For erie walleye fishing they are awesome. Set the trip arm real light and a small perch will trip them.Take a look at their instructions: http://slidediver.com/img/SlideDiver.pdf

I use the Fixed Leader Directional Diver instructions. But where the fixed leader is i tie in a piece of 50lb PP about 8 inches long and another swivel, to hook my leader to. The reason is i was having an issue with my 12 lb flourocarbon breaking where it rubbed on the trip arm.

diver_setup.jpg

thanks for the tip on the short piece of heavy line going through the trigger arm. i never thought about doing that.

sherman

With that set up you do lose the slide feature. The light bite feature does have its Pros.:) I may try them when targeting deeper eyes.

I never liked the Original Side Diver because of the Spring and the rubber. Using Slide feature there are too many points for the line to get messed up. Some swear by them and others at them.

Yeah you do loose the slide diver options. It is like running a dipsy same connection at the front of the diver. Then you just have the extra arm set up that helps it trip when smaller fish hit it. The next thing i am going to try is to get some of the two ounce lead from them so they dont run as deep. I dont like the slide diver running on my line. As you said it creates wear points especially when running 12 lb test for walleyes. I think there is one in the precission trolling book. Here is one online that i use: http://www.slidediver.com/depth_chart.htm

edit

Frank i use them all the time. from ten foot of water out to 26 ft in michigan waters. I set mine on a #2 setting to run inside my otter boat lines. I run three to four lines on each of my boats. these are usually my deepest lines so the big jon mini divers clear when a fish hits.

I do what Line Dancin says- only difference is my swivel is after the diver (clear bead before the swivel) and then like 6' of 20 lb fluorocarbon. They're great for shallow water presentations, kings liked 'em last June, but then they went way deeper and that was time to go back to regular Dipsy's.