Meat! Meat!

Didn't want to high jack the other thread but I am thinking of starting up a meat program. For informational purposes I want to know to what extent you use meat and what kind. Do you use whole, strips, brads stuffed with "X", herring, sardines, anchovies, tuna, herring oil, sadine oil, sushi fly's. Thanks, can't wait to see this info. Chris

I cut whole herring into two strips and keep them in a brine. I have used whole herring in the past, but I obviously can get a lot more bait by stripping them. The brine is a mixture of water, kosher salt, Borax Twenty Mule Team and the natural herring oil.

Chris

I cut whole herring into two strips and keep them in a brine. I have used whole herring in the past, but I obviously can get a lot more bait by stripping them. The brine is a mixture of water, kosher salt, Borax Twenty Mule Team and the natural herring oil.

Chris

Thats what we do

Garlic Roasted Tuna in olive oil, the worst smelling product on the market. I take a cheap tupperware container, dump in the all the tuna, pack the brads cuts plugs and let them soak a while in the container. Best Cut Plugs are wonderbread, black jack, glow bloody nose, and the purple frog.

I run them clean no flasher or teaser, and you have to swap out the hooks, the OEM hooks dont stick for nothing.

i use the thick strips because it is fast easy and not as messy as whole

whole "A" side/ i call it/ is better A= the side with the tail on it

but the salt packed strips thick strips are just too dam easy and almost as good

take it out of the tub

pin it with a tooth pick put a couple drops of herring oil on it and send it out

here is a couple pics of the thick strips next to the regular variety the thicker strips give the bait heads a better role and last longer in the bait heads

Note these are not balley hoo strips have yet to firgure out how to make them work any where near as good as these

warriorboatshondafattystrips007.jpg

warriorboatshondafattystrips010-1.jpg