Sign in to follow this  
Eyefull

Got A Late Christmas Present!

Back in July, actually July 4th weekend, I caught a 20# Lake Trout fishing with Don Alofs aboard the Tangled Mess. After a few phone calls, I was confident that I should put this great fish on the wall. Obviously by Stannard Rock standards this fish is just a good fish. But by Lake Michigan standards, it is a truly great fish.

I had an 11 pound walleye mounted by Larry Buckle of Acorn Ridge Taxidermy a couple years ago and was amazed by the quality of his work. Larry is a lifelong Great Lakes Fishermen, and licensed charter captain, so he knows what the fish are supposed to look like. I was suffering all fall, and through the Christmas Holidays with anticipation about how this fish would look. I have to say that it completely surpassed even my wildest hopes. The fish is beautiful as the photo below shows.

lakerphoto.jpg

While in Larrys shop, I got to get a sneak peak at Bob Keitzmans 30# King that was caugh aboard his Geteway, winning the Benzie Frenzy for him and his crew. Equally beautiful work on his fish. Photos really can't show the detail work and the awesome finish.

bobs30king.jpg

It's amazing how the quality stands out in realness when someone, a real taxidermy artist, takes his time and does a great job like these two fish. You can be proud for years to come with this kind of artistry.