2012 WMFL Rules, and dates.

Here is Terry's secret. what every road kill he passes on the way to the ramp he picks it up, ties it to a dock line and drags it along the side of the boat. the fish go crazy over this... :grin:

you should give it a try.:thumb:

what works best is Skunk. make sure to rub the dead critter all over yourself and the crew for best results before putting in the water.

thats been tried but roger keeps taking the roadkill home:lol:

You guys are funny.

We'll try to fish a few this year Ken.

It's always a great time getting to know everyone and win or loose, it's just beer money.

Also, GREAT practice for the big events and a cheap price.

I've always appreciated doing these events win or lose.

I guess some people can't read Terry's reports, or maybe his picture quality of the exact lures he uses are good enough.:lol::lol:

Since i will be working for the first time during the summer in two years. I am going to try and make some of the evernts. I know i wont be able to make the June or july one as my boat will be on lake Erie form the last week in may through the second week in july. But i would like to try a couple of them.

I hope to get into some of these tourneys this year ,so far i think i can make them. Fishing is Fishing and some days you get em and others you dont,some days you can fish rite next to a guy and hes hammering em on the same stuff and same setups as you and you cant get a bite other days it is the other way ,the most important thing is we are out there having fun and doing what we love to do . juist my 2 cents . Jimmy

Fishing is Fishing and some days you get em and others you dont,some days you can fish rite next to a guy and hes hammering em on the same stuff and same setups as you and you cant get a bite. Jimmy

That's exactly what happened to me last year setting up next to team Dirty Dog. Since I fished with him the night before, I knew what he was doing. Well I got 1, and he got 15!

PS: Anyone looking for a busted up old slug to fill in for one event I could be persuaded. I would be be happy to help with expenses. I can get in your way, set lines, p!$$ you off, and take the helm if needed. I must have at least a days notice. It would be nice but not necessary to get a pre or post trip in also. It's a long drive for me so the mo fishing the better. It's always good the see the boys from the sunset side.

Frank there are a some of these event when a few of us stay at Yatch Basin Marina. If you can make it here, we would be glad to take you out. No expenses needed on my boat, but be warned I like Beer.

• 6 months later...
Ken - Is the 08-11event happening?

As of now, no. We plan to fish the Sagutuck Waypoint, and I did not find anyone to fill in.

Bad weather, lower intrest, and loads of work this year, put a damper on the league.

If any one would like to run it, let me know.