Meat

I dont run meat too often but I usually catch a bunch of sawbellies in the early summer on sabaki rigs and keep them for meat. I also use smelt in the smaller clip style bait heads. The smelt rigs have been deadly on big lakers.

Dave said it I love to use alewives cast net after dark or we have gone out perching and found big schools in shallow water,(under 20 FOW) and thrown the cast net with a lot of success. The sabiki rigs will also work on alewives. Biggest problem is they dont work well with some of the tooth pick bait holders.

salt packed easy to use easy to store

fresh whole cut rite before you use it is the best but just too much work

24 tubs of the thick strips are 135 ships usps because of the heavy salt it dont have to stay frozen

some pure herring oil is recomended to use with the strips

a couple drops on the strip before it goes in the water

will work with any bait head it fits in

the thick strips seem to last a lot longer than the thin ones that where packed in the vacume bags

some of the larger bait heads it spins too fast with this you will have to slow it down a bit with some heavy hooks or some times pinning the head to the fishing line slows it down

or best flip speed is 60 -120 rpm = 1-2 flips a second if it flips like a propeller blade it wont work well just like if it is not flipping at all or only once and a while

sure make meat rig fishing easy with little or no mess