best light (Spoons)

Hi I was just thinking of geting a bettter or new light for glow spoons last year i just used my flash on my phone this was not to perductive lol

Anyone know of a good light or type of light that works best with glow spoons

Thanks a lot for your imput

Kev

If you can find a lite with uv LED bulbs in it that's the way you want to go, it is far the best lite to work on the glow spoons . The glow that is out there is designed to be rechargered by uv ,yes you can us a hi beam style lite but if you want to get the most out of the spoon uv. It is like sitting them on your dash on a sunny day.

luremaker

I keep hearing about the uv flashlight idea currently i am usning camera flashes. where is the best place to get one and how do you know. I have been looking and most don't say anything about UV anywhere and sales people say "oh yeah they are UV". I just dont want to get taken.

I just purchased a uv led flashlight off ebay for 10 bucks retail was 39.99

just go to ebay and type in uv light. you,ll get like 8,596 choices. or you can type in uv flashlight and get only uv flashlights. they are really pretty cheap.

sherman

UV here as well. I got mine at an ace hardware, but they had to order it. I think some of the automotive guys use them to see leaking radiator fluid, or something along those lines. Do not trust the store if the package does not say it, I had similar issues and most of the time they have no idea. The light they put out is purple.

Big Papa Sportfishing Products

Charge up your glow Spoons, Flashers, Flies, meat rigs, and plugs. If it glows you can charge it. The Charge Box is the answer. Come see it at the Big Papa Sportfishing Booth at the Ultimate Fishing Show Novi, Mi. Jan. 12th thru Jan. 15th.

Big Papa Sportfishing Products

Charge up your glow Spoons, Flashers, Flies, meat rigs, and plugs. If it glows you can charge it. The Charge Box is the answer. Come see it at the Big Papa Sportfishing Booth at the Ultimate Fishing Show Novi, Mi. Jan. 12th thru Jan. 15th.

Kyle, A warm welcome to the GLF site. If you get a chance go to the welcome forum, start a thread there and introduce yourself. If you are a Charter Captain PM GLF for a charter designation on your handle.:)

:welcome:

Agree with the Rapala charging box being not a good product. You put a spoon in and it comes out with areas of the spoon not fully charged, the small led lights are too close to the spoon when shut. But then again maybe this unique glow pattern will work better??- I just bought the rapala box last week- have been using a spot light with no problems in the past.

I thought about this topic all last year. I started with the rapala glow case and it worked pretty good, but wasn't big enough to charge my 12" flashers. I also knew that the uv light and uv black lights were the best solution. I started my search for a UV work light online. I found one that is rechargeable and has like 40 lights for about $45. It looks like a foot long rod. Then I figured that wasn't enough so I got the black like from bass pro for about $35 with the double tube bulbs. Caution with the UV light: it is very powerful and not meant to be seen with your eyes. The box says to have eye protection. My solution was to buy a medium sized storage box and cut slots in it so I could zip tie the lights to the underside of the lid. It works awesome and protects everyone's eyes on the boat. I will post pictures this weekend. I know it is pricey but it is the only way to charge at least 10 lures at a time when the evening bite is on. I'm looking to add a piece of plexiglass in the middle like a divider so I can hang spoons and charge both sides of the double sided glow baits.

I read a lot about guys wanting to "super" charge their UV lures. I've tried to but nothing ever hits a "super" charge for me until it's been in the water about an hour. I've always wondered about a "half" charge.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I read a lot about guys wanting to "super" charge their UV lures. I've tried to but nothing ever hits a "super" charge for me until it's been in the water about an hour. I've always wondered about a "half" charge.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Bingo!!!! A nuclear charge is not necessary and can repel fish. I like using my halogen spreader lights to charge them. A quick couple of seconds next to the lights works for me. I think you are referring to the glows and super glows and not the UVs.