riggers

I like to run my inside riggers deeper but you could do it either way.

yeah that. My theory for that is so when you get a fish and perfectly bring it in the chute, those deeper riggers are down and out of the way. It's probably not true but it is my theory and it works... sometimes...:grin:

I agree with Dan. I ran 4 riggers off my boat for 2 years, and caught fish. I dropped 2 of them and started running 2 wire dipsies and and 2 coppers/leadcores and production increased tremendously.

But back to your question, generally the inside riggers are the deeper ones. That's how I ran mine.

your spread should be like a "V" with the middle being the deepest this not only keeps you from being tangled but if fish spook from the riggers they move out the side and then there is a spoon comming over their head, this is kinda the way most guys run their boats.

I completely disagree with dropping two riggers. I run four. some days the rigger bite is better than long lines and other dyas the reverse. When the rigger bite is on with the four riggers i can fill a cooler fast. Not only that but say you are taking fish on a 300 copper. get your rigger into that same productive water and they will start popping. Sometime you just have to play with lead length to get them to start firing. In my spread i always also have a couple dipseys out plus my cores and coppers.

In my four rigger spread i alwasys keep my two off the back deeper than the side riggers.

I have four riggers two big jons and two cannons. Big jons out the back and the cannons on the sides. I have four riggers but would like to know what one I sould run deeper??? Inside or out!!! I will try the inside ruggers deeper.

your spread should be like a "V" with the middle being the deepest this not only keeps you from being tangled but if fish spook from the riggers they move out the side and then there is a spoon comming over their head, this is kinda the way most guys run their boats.

4 is fine, but like Jim says, Keep the outside riggers higher. Also use a longer lead on the higher riggers. A "V" pattern both Vertically, and horizontally works most of the time.

When the fish are stacked up at a certain depth, don't be afraid to run all the riggers at/or near the same depth.

I believe in having options on my boat. Get the four riggers. You don't always have to fish all four. At the end of my season this year I was fish 135' down in 200+FOW, I am a a lot happier having rigger to get that deep versus copper.

Deep rggers always off the back, never leave fish to find fish, fish the hot hand.

Good luck

We used to run 4 riggers, and when we did the ones off the back were always deeper. Now we run 3 and the center one has our probe on it. We find where 60 degrees is and fish below that with the two corner riggers. So, in essence an inverted 'V'.

Keep them spread out, imagine what your spread looks like under the water in a 3D like effect and be careful on turns. If you do this and they are spread apart you should be fine.

I run my out downs (electrics) deeper, usually right on the bottom, and then my chute rigger is almost always an SWR right at the top of the thermocline. The only time I run the 4th rigger is usually way up high looking for coho or steel.

Last time I had a tangle on the riggers, well, can't remember. But I did have some wire diver kings mate with all the planer board lines they could find.