Your best If, Then.

Nailer

If you have 3 miles of open water on both sides of us, Than why did you have to buzz the back of our boat and cut off all 4 of our boards?

AMEN to that.

Or how about you are the only boat out in an area and some other decides to come out that way then turns right in front of you forcing you to turn to avoid a tangle with them. The getting flipped off by idiot that cut you off.

Are you the idiot that is running planers 150 feet on either side of your boat in a congested area? Are you the idiot that has to follow 50 feet directly behind my boat? Are you the idiot in the blow boat...need I say anything else???? Are you the idiot that thinks that the launch area is a designated place to wrench on your ***** jet ski. Are you the idiot that just drove 40 mph in a 55 for the last 5 miles, now that I am passing you found 80.

Some days I just laugh. I have been down there in the early am and every dock is occupied by a recreational boater who decided to spend the night. I have seen every dock occupied by sunbathers and swimmers. Always fun to be waiting for a blow boat to rig up while parked in the ramp area. Have seen lots of guys leave their truck in the launch ramp and test drive their boats for an hour or so. I saw a guy with a Michigan State license plate block access to two ramps once for 4 hours. He parked his truck and trailer so nobody could access the ramps. Fireworks night is always fun, your vehicle is always parked in even if you could get to your vehicle you cannot drive it to the ramp. Nobody pulls jet ski trailers out of the ramp because they are always wrenching on them.

if the fish is ready to net at the back of the boat,then why is my crew talking about a movie they seen(yes it happened..ahem mike and doug)

Don, We have all had people onboard that just don't get it. When the lines are all set and were waiting on the next fish there is some time for visiting. A lot of prep time goes into a successful trip and most of it is done by the person that owns the boat. It is down right disrespectful to not get with the program when the time comes to do so. Everyone I fish with understands this concept. There is usually a flurry of action at certain times and most know that if you capitalize on the good bite you will be successful. The ones that just don't get it can find another hobby. JMO

"Are you going to get that fish or should I come off the helm and do it":lol:

Bob, I have seen all kinds of inconsiderate stuff at the ramps. Nothing much is worse than waiting on boaters prepping in the ramp area. It makes it worse when they drive past you in the prep area and then you have to wait for them while they prep on the ramp. Most of these same idiots have little knowledge of etiquette on the water. Most of this stuff is covered in boaters safety classes. Why is it that you have to pass a test to drive a car but nothing is required to operate a boat? What makes these scenes especially bad is when the morons have kids with them. They are bringing up a new generation that think these actions are the norm. It would be nice if once in awhile there were authorities at the ramps that would enforce the rules. Maybe these goofballs just don't know.

Frank

I would agree with you on that statement ,but what gets me is if you take someone out with you that has no clue and really wants to learn what to do so they can go it alone ,and they just sit there shooting the **** with everyone else and when the rod go's they just ask why they lost it or why they couldn't fight all the fish? There is alot to learn from someone else when you are out on there boat ,I by far am not as good as the next guy thats why I ask and listen to what ever I can so the next time I am out I have something new to try or maybe a fall back plan when it's not working for me. And I always ask if they would like me to drive.Even the boat owner sometimes likes a break or reel one in.

Frank

I would agree with you on that statement ,but what gets me is if you take someone out with you that has no clue and really wants to learn what to do so they can go it alone ,and they just sit there shooting the **** with everyone else and when the rod go's they just ask why they lost it or why they couldn't fight all the fish? There is alot to learn from someone else when you are out on there boat ,I by far am not as good as the next guy thats why I ask and listen to what ever I can so the next time I am out I have something new to try or maybe a fall back plan when it's not working for me. And I always ask if they would like me to drive.Even the boat owner sometimes likes a break or reel one in.

I was by no means referring to someone with an interest in learning the ropes. I have been helped and helped others also. Anyone that shows interest should know enough that when a fish is on, that takes priority over a BS session. If BS session takes priority over fishon then they can sit in the truck. Some get it and some never will. That's my point.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Bob, I have seen all kinds of inconsiderate stuff at the ramps. Nothing much is worse than waiting on boaters prepping in the ramp area. It makes it worse when they drive past you in the prep area and then you have to wait for them while they prep on the ramp. Most of these same idiots have little knowledge of etiquette on the water. Most of this stuff is covered in boaters safety classes. Why is it that you have to pass a test to drive a car but nothing is required to operate a boat? What makes these scenes especially bad is when the morons have kids with them. They are bringing up a new generation that think these actions are the norm. It would be nice if once in awhile there were authorities at the ramps that would enforce the rules. Maybe these goofballs just don't know.

Having the "authorities" at the ramp doesn't always work either. I remember they had Barney Fife working the DNR launch in Holland and this Einstein had boats launching in the retrieve sections, and vise versa.:mad: He was actually directing these people to do this! My personal favorite is the yearly pleasure boater trying to launch there boat with the husband on the dock, and his bubble-headed wife with cell phone, and cigarette in hand trying to back into the water. :eek:Ended up with truck at such an angle the other ramp couldn't be used, because it was blocked. I slipped my boat at Yacht Basin marina the last two years, and it's cheap entertainment to watch these people. We all make mistakes, but damn, some people are just plain idiots. It's like fingers on the chalkboard when you hear someone drag there lower unit skag up the ramp. :no:

Another unacceptable behaviour (IMO) is the boater that power loads his boat on the trailer, especially when their is a sign posted that prohibits power loading.
I have seen the Sheriff Dept, Michigan State Police, Boarder Patrol,Coast Guard, and Tribal Police all power load their boats at one time or another. I guess that they all have too much boat for their trailer. The taxpayers must be doing a good job.

If you see me leaving the helm in a big hurry, then don't move. I've already planned my route around you, and all you're going to do is get us both hurt. I'm either going for a fish you didn't see, or going to blow chunks over the back of the boat. Either way, you don't want me not to get there.....