Fluorocarbon Coated Line

I've been using 100% Fluorocarbon line for the past few season and notice the good quality. I use 30# with 30' leaders on the ends of all my rods and 50# to tie flies, meat rigs, and other leaders. All the new spools come in 25 or 30 yards. The stuff is too expensive for the quantity given. Has anyone tried the Fluorocarbon coated line? It is WAY CHEAPER. I was just wondering if it is as good as the 100% stuff.

i dont think it will work near as good as the floro leader material. i was using the floro fishing line for leaders, and switched to the seaguar leader material, and it really seemed like my hits picked up. im not 100% sure or if it was just a percieved increase. but i havent looked back. but then i dont really go through that many leaders except just the start of the season, then i just replace them as needed. and for the few extra bucks, if im happy then its worth it. i mean with all the hundreds of $$ spent on gas and lures if it does help just alittle or even if it just makes me think its working better then its a few $$ well spent. no??

sherman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The actual florocarbon "leader materiel" comes on the small spools and is best suited for flys/meatrigs/ect. where a bit more stiffness and abrasion resistance is needed. The fluorocarbon "fishing line" is still 100% floro, but comes on bigger spools for a better price and is a bit more flexible.

I use Seaguar fluorocarbon and I love it. 15lb. "fishing line" for my leadcore leaders and 50lb "leader materiel" for flys and meat rigs.

100% fluorocarbon for me, 30lb for main line leaders and 40 or 50 for fly leaders. In my opinion either use the real thing or not at all. Real fluorocarbon has different physical properties than mono or fluoro coated mono.

No complaints on Pline Fluoroclear 20 lb test used the past few seasons, don't know if it's making a huge difference but it is easier to knot in my opinion. I have been using 50 lb ANDE fluorocarbon LEADER MATERIAL for flies with no complaints, love that stuff. If my long lines with spoons (often have flashers) weren't getting hit- then I might try some 100% fluoro. My stuff vs a friend running seguar fluoro have seen no difference in fish caught, but if it did, I'd run fluoro.