WTB Tracks

I have decided to put tracks on my boat. Looks like I have room to put a 36" track between the Gimbles that are on the boat and an 18" piece in front and in back. Probably the cheapest way is buy 4-36" pieces and cut 2 of them in half.

Best price I could find was the Cisco Systems which have free shipping if I order before the 31st. I couldn't find anyone that discounts any of the track systems and I don't know if they typically go on sale over the Winter months.

Anyone know of any dealers that discount any of the track systems or if there are typically any deals in the spring?

If you want Bert's tracks check out Northwood's Wholesale Outfitters in Pinconning. They have a website. Best prices I have found. Traxtech is very good also. I don't know anything about Cisco but I am sure they are good too. Tracks are definitely the way to go, you won't be sorry.

Someone want to tell me why you install tracks? Why not just mount everything in place? Do you slide things around that much?

I never move any of my equipment and have gone with and without tracks. All my gunwale mounted riggers and rod holders are not on tracks, just mounted to the boat. I chose to use tracks on my radar arch for the simple reason of just having to mount two tracks as opposed to mounting 10 individual rod holders to the boat.

i went to the cannon tracks and ratcheting rod holders this year, and i just love them. this way i can adjust the holders to the sweet spots, instead of just mounting the holders in the barn then when i get out on the water say i wish i had mounted this on 1/2" this way and had turned that one about 1/8th turn that way. now if one needs moved just alittle i can move it. i bought most of my holders at amazon.com for like 65.00 each for the single axis which i like the best anyway, i dont remember what i paid them for the tracks. but they wasnt that bad.

my riggers are mounted solid and i am happy with them, but they do have swivel bases and slide mounts so i can take them off the boat and store them in the pole barn.

sherman

Someone want to tell me why you install tracks? Why not just mount everything in place? Do you slide things around that much?

Dan, Many people use their boats for more than one purpose. With tracks everything can be easily removed. Step pads can be installed in the tracks for a nice clean look. Tracks also help if a piece of equipment isn't quite where you want it. Sometimes after using stuff you wish you mounted it differently and sometimes your needs and methods change.

I don't have tracks on my rig but I spent a lot of time dry trying everything in the garage before drilling.

Great price, unfortunately it is not compatible with the other systems (3" wide vs. 3.5"?) so would be stuck buying their accessories.

If you want Bert's tracks check out Northwood's Wholesale Outfitters in Pinconning. They have a website. Best prices I have found. Traxtech is very good also. I don't know anything about Cisco but I am sure they are good too. Tracks are definitely the way to go, you won't be sorry.

Thank you for the tip, looks like they are still higher than Cisco Systems but an option. I like the Traxstech so if I don't take advantage of the Cisco Systems free shipping I may go see them. They are only about 40 miles from me.

I put the tracks on to make minor adjustments if needed. I also take the riggers and rod holders off so that people don't decide they like my stuff more than I do.

yep, here to. i can take everything off my boat in just minutes. then when i put the holders back on i can make adjustments as i need to. i love the tracks. and the slide mounts for my big jon riggers. then if i just want to take the family down to the lake for a day playing in the water everything comes off.

sherman

I have the Bert's tracks, really like them, have the rod corral and four Bert's ratchets too. All great! I will probably switch to Traxtech though for future purchases because of getting burned by Bert's on the rod corral mounting. Ended up costing me a lot of money because of their poor service and advise. Oh well. Live and learn. Traxtech stuff does look great too.

Paul C.

Mattawan, MI