Lures used

When I fish for walleye, it's done in the BWCA in MN in the late spring and summer. We normally fish a Little Joe with a minnow or leech. I started making my own with slight modifications. I was wondering if anyone uses the small spin n glows instead of a spinner? Is this a new/old idea? Is it successful/marginal? What do you guys use in MI?

Trying to keep myself out of trouble by making new setups to runn this spring and summer.

Thoughts?

I have used some Spin N Glows in the usual good walleye colors with some success. I'd rather use #4 Colorado blades with quick change clevises. With the Spin N Glows it's change the whole rig instead of just the blade when the eyes get fussy for a certain color. Most anything will catch walleye but I like to use the user friendly stuff. The Saginaw Bay walleye are usually not that fussy. I run these spinners on a two hook crawler harnesses.

Any of you grey whiskered guys remember the June bug Spinner? I have used these with some success also. I still like the Colorado blades better. Any spinner rig will get it done. What it boils down to is what works for you and what you have confidence in. I also like smile blades once in awhile and make my own. I made them out of plastic plates, cookie boxes, and other stuff, all adorned with a little prism tape.

I have also run the Indiana blades and the Dakotas but if you haven't guessed yet I still favor the Colorado.

I have never cared much for the Willow Leaf Blades.

I have never tried the Chopper Blades. Has anyone used the Chopper Blades? Does anyone favor the Chopper Blades?