what do all you guys do??

sherman51

If you dont mind me asking...exactly what type of vintage Abu reel were you able to sell for $275?

Not questioning it...just curious

It was a vintage Abu Ambassadeur 5000 4 screw reel, complete with leather case, tool kit, and spare spool. The reel itself had a fat black spool which I understand is very rare. The reel appeared to have never been used with not a nick in the paint. The guy that bought it was a reel collector in Alabama.

I work all week.On the weekends I find a nice chunk of ice to sit on and watch wolves circle me licking their chops. During this process I try to catch a couple of steelhead on my tip ups. While watching the tip ups and wolves I hope that Michigan opens a wolf season soon so that I can stack them up like cordwood. Mabey soon my wife can have a wolf fur coat.

I work all week.On the weekends I find a nice chunk of ice to sit on and watch wolves circle me licking their chops. During this process I try to catch a couple of steelhead on my tip ups. While watching the tip ups and wolves I hope that Michigan opens a wolf season soon so that I can stack them up like cordwood. Mabey soon my wife can have a wolf fur coat.

i,ve heard that wolf season might not be to far off. i would like to see them put a bounty on them darn yotes myself. i hate them things.

sherman

I went steelhead fishing on the Kzoo the day after Christmas for the first time this year. Caught two and a nice Pike. I plan on going back.

Going to a Michigan Steelheaders Meeting for the first time in January to see what that is all about.

The fishing show season starts with the one in Detroit in January.

I hit the Maumee river for walleye as soon as March.

Then back to the big lake in April.

Here are a couple of photos from our trip this week.

glf_2_thumb.jpgglf_1_thumb.jpg

http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/3/1/9/glf_1_thumb.jpg

http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/3/1/9/glf_2_thumb.jpg

Edited by Priority1

Here in the west I steelhead fish all winter when water isn't blown out. Or I build a few rods repairs for friends. Also I'm a welder and I'm building stuff for my daughters high school band, carts,rack and drum stands

And Steve isn't talking West Michigan.:)

Making a fixture for re spooling line and removing it . it will be able to strip the mono and save the leadcore to be put back on. also measure reliably how much line is on the reel. I have looked at alot of line spoolers and they don't have the capacity to put the line back on ( leadcore).

Making a fixture for re spooling line and removing it . it will be able to strip the mono and save the leadcore to be put back on. also measure reliably how much line is on the reel. I have looked at alot of line spoolers and they don't have the capacity to put the line back on ( leadcore).

Jim, When you get in finished post a pic or two.:) Thanks

well if i can survive the month of jan i should be ok. right now my favorite niece is planning on moving to tenn from fl. so she will be in tenn the 11th of jan. so my wife and myself have our eyes tested on the 9th, then on the 10th we will go to tenn for about a week. then we will come back home. then about the first of feb we,ll start to fl, then we,ll stop in tenn again for about a week, then on to fl, we have some close friends in jacksonville, so we,ll star for a few days, then on to ft pierce. we plan to stay with my older sister. and then my other sister and her husband has a 19 ft boat. so around the end of the first week of feb i should be doing my ice fishing from his boat,LOL. then by the time i get back after the 1st of march it will be time to hit the maumee river for eyes. then its time to really start fishing. so i will have just survived another winter. everybody just have a great year.

sherman

• 2 weeks later...

Work, a little predator hunting, work, move snow, work, get with steeliebob for steelhead fishing, prep fishing gear for next season, sleep, learn as much as I can in great lakes fisherman!....that about covers it!.....oh and watch outdoor programs when I can! List is not necessarily in order!

I make a lot of sawdust and kindling but get lucky and turn out a decent project from time to time. This winter it's a dining set for the kids.

17FinalProduct.jpg

James a warm welcome to the GLF site. That project looks like an 8 player poker table to me.:lol: I don't mean a Holdem Table real poker. You do very nice work.

:welcome:

James a warm welcome to the GLF site. That project looks like an 8 player poker table to me.:lol: I don't mean a Holdem Table real poker. You do very nice work.

:welcome:

i was about to say something like that. if i could do work like that, i know what i would be doing on these cold winter days. great work.

sherman