2011 Hot List

Flyboy

What was the must run setup, spoon, flasher/fly combo on your boat this past year? Ours was an 11" Pearl/White Paddle with a Pickled Mirage fly down on the bottom rigger and the ol faithfuls, Double Trouble, Green Dolphin, and Natural Born Killer.

stinger black killer stingray on a rigger

stinger mod coyote stingray rigger, lead

stinger extend glow regular size wonderbread slide diver

8 inch prochip super frog with hypnotist rapture trolling fly. wire diver

11inch hot chip protroll UV purple plaid with purple haze meat rig deep rigger

You guys are killing me! I didn't catch a single fish last year on a paddle...

My go to lures last year were the regular mag spoons, Carmel dolphin was good to me, as well as the old stand bys. I also did really well on my favorite plug, number 4 Wonder Bread J. That thing was on fire for me this year.

You guys are killing me! I didn't catch a single fish last year on a paddle...

My go to lures last year were the regular mag spoons, Carmel dolphin was good to me, as well as the old stand bys. I also did really well on my favorite plug, number 4 Wonder Bread J. That thing was on fire for me this year.

Im with you Noah, could not get a paddle to do anything, but any type of Mountain Dew spin dr, 8" or 10" with any brand green marage fly was awsome.

But most of the season most of my fish came on Silver Streak spoons in Glow Grind Stone , Glow Ludington, Lemon Berry, Miami Dolphin,Super Screw and Sponge Bob, these spoons were on something from May to Oct and took every thing from a cohos in the spring to Steel Head in late Oct.

• 2 weeks later...

We called it the Disco Dan which consisted of a UV Green Kingfisher paddle towing a UV Purple Twinkie rig. Ran it deep when the sun was high, and it just slayed the big boys. The A-TOM-MIK Bobble head fly was hot for us in high sun behind various green dot paddles also. However, you still can't beat an A-TOM-MIK Ultra Green Glow or Hammer fly! As for spoons the Moonshine Carbon 14 was a good one early in the AM, and our NK Sea Sick Waddler was good to us too. Dreamweaver Moon Cricket and Gators took their fair share also.

It always amazes me the different responses you get on these threads. We cought alot of fish on flasher/flys, most off the downriggers but again some on the dipseys.

Early season flasher fly was the ticket, straight downrigger bite.

Later in the season I think it went back to even with spoons up high doing plenty of damage and deeper the flys were still the trick for us.

My biggest of the year just shy of 24 pounds was on a moonshine bloody nose off a 2 color swr on the rigger. We caught plenty of nice kings on an 11 inch protroll (i think) with any green fly you could find.

Funny thing with that lure, 2 years ago like a dummy I threw it out with a 20 inch fly on it and it was red hot for awhile. Something happened to that fly dont remember exactly. This year the same flasher was good with a 38 inch fly on it.

For numbers a single gold red thin fish probably took 50 fish last year. It has been retired for tournament use only.

For weight we had a fire tiger junior thunderstick that took over 200# - literally could not keep that thing in the water around the pier heads. At 23# king looks stupid with that little plug buried in it's kyped up jaws.