2012 Tactics

Flyboy

Well, hasn't even been 2 months yet and i'm dying to pull the boat back out and I'm sure i'm not the only one! So, lets get through the withdrawal together and start planning for next year. Are you gonna try running something new? Different rod setup, presentation tactics? Lets hear it!

Braided dipsies will be hittin the rod locker for us this next year. After ridin along on a friends boat this fall, we will definitely be replacing them with wire dipsies. Simply put, wire out produces braided divers, and after a second year in a row with others claiming a good wire dipsy bite, time to change it up.

Whos got the best deals on the tekotas and telora rollers?

I was at the Outdoorsman in Jeneson today and they had the 600lc on sale for around $160? I bought my Talora roller rods from Franks in Linwood for a very nice price.

/

I'm going to continue to run bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses off 10 Offshore OR12 boards with a couple of more rods off the sides. I'm going to expand into some weed fishing casting weight forward spinners.:)

I want to start working on my bucket list. I need to fish Lake Superior, Erie, and Ontario. I'll probably have to do this over 2 or 3 years.

OK Well this man, is going to have to learn how FEESH all over again and at the same time learn to manuever a large boat into a fishing pattern. Good thing it already has Auto pilot...that's going to help a lot and the fact that there's not many boats out of White Hall when fishing give me plenty of room to play with it...ut I'm going to drop the wire dipseys out and then learn the riggers all over again. My MANS Mechanic is all set to install the trolling valves and set them up in the spring...GOD I can't wait....but I'm back to watching the Keating on Kings DVD's and learning the ropes as they say......

My wire Dipseys always produced for me... so I'm going to be relying hard on them first couple times out.... it's going to be a learning summer for sure..